I have a macbook pro 2017 with I7 3,5 ghz, 16gb ram and only 256gb memory. I run windows 10 with bootcamp on an external SSD of 500 gb. Here I will show you how to set up the gaming box on macbook pro. I connect my gamingbox to the external (tv) screen with a HDMI connection. Look below for the difference with testing. it only works with an external screen.
Use this guide is at your own risk!
Before you start do not plugin the gaming box!
STEP 1: Setup
- External monitor
- Aorus gaming box with Nividia gtx 1070
- Macbook with atleast I5 or I7 processor
- USB keyboard and mouse (if using an external SSD, but I prefer this in windows 10, because the mouse option will not work very well of your macbook touchpad etc.
- DVD player (maybe not necessary)
STEP 2: Install windows
Install windows 10 on macbook (you need windows 10, because 95% of the games will run only on windows). If you want to install it on an external SSD just follow this guide how to install it ( ).\
Step 3: Start Windows and installing ASUS gaming Box CD (I don't know if this step is necessary)
- Hold option key when you turn your macbook on. Now you will see macos disk and windows bootcamp.
- Insert the ASUS gaming box CD and install the CD.
- Do not install the Nvidia drivers
Step 4: hardware setup
- Turn your macbook off
- Connect your external screen thought the port in the macbook (I use HDMI). The screen will not work because you don't have the drivers installed (this is step 6)
- Turn the power supply on the gaming box (do not connect it with your macbook thought thunderbolt)
Step 5: Start windows and connect gaming box (this need to be done at specific timing, for this to work)
- Hold option key, choose windows
- plugin gaming box in your macbook when you see the this (see image below). Plugin when you see the dots, not when you see the windows logo without dots.
- Check if the light goes on. If the light is off it didn't work.
* WARNING; If you plugin the GAMING BOX before the dots, your macbook will crash. If you do it when you are in windows 10 already. It don't work.
Step 6: Download nivida drivers
- type in Google, nividia drivers. Look for yours (I use the normale one (not notebook). The driver on the CD is not the latest version.
- Install the drivers (it will work now and will be done in like 5 min)
Step 7: Download heaven benchmark for testing
- Go to your overclocking tool (their is one included with the box) and put your fan on manually at 100%. Now it run smoothless 🙂
Use this guide at your own risk!
Thanks for putting this together.
Can I confirm you plug the HDMI Monitor/TV into a TB3 port in the MBP 15" (obviously with adaptor) and NOT out from the 1070?