2017 15" Dell Inspiron 7577 (GTX1060) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (HP OME...

Notifications
Clear all

2017 15" Dell Inspiron 7577 (GTX1060) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (HP OMEN Accelerator) + Win10 [0rabbit7]  

of  2
  RSS

0rabbit7
(@0rabbit7)

Posted by: LCCM

Is that work well with internal display?

I do not understand your question, but I will provide a response as best I can:

• The internal display can be pushed through the external GPU.
  • The internal display does not work as well as an external display GPU when running external GPU.
  • If you connect a powerful enough graphics card to the eGPU, then it works better on the internal display than the dedicated internal GPU

An update:
All is working well, I have a 1080ti in it now.  Love the storage feature and it works perfectly as a dock for me.

2017 15" Dell Inspiron 7577 (GTX1060) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (HP OMEN Accelerator) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
0rabbit7
(@0rabbit7)

I ended up formatting my computer, this time thunderbolt 3 was not recognized nor installed.  Downloading driver from Intel and seeing how it works:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26052/Thunderbolt-Bus-Driver-for-Windows-10-8-1-and-7-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC6i7KYK

It is now detected.

When I ran the HP install software, one of them seems to try to reinstall thunderbolt 3, so I got an error saying a newer version exists.  I do not know why HP's software is 70mb versus intel at 7mb.

Things seem to be detected now, video - installing now, detection of keyboard, external drive, audio, etc. ,

2017 15" Dell Inspiron 7577 (GTX1060) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (HP OMEN Accelerator) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
deadly_ghost08
(@deadly_ghost08)

Hey, I am planning on getting Acer Predator 15 (1060 model). It has a Thunderbolt 3 port. Is the eGPU thru TB3 working still well for you?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
0rabbit7
(@0rabbit7)

Sorry for the delay.  Absolutely TB3 works perfectly here.  I will say sometimes it does thrash the nVidia driver a little bit, and so I have to reinstall.

I actually bought another 7577 for my wife, it works well too!

ReplyQuote
Rikky006
(@rikky006)

Nice thread!
I'm using a 7577 aswel and I'm looking for a boost in graphics.
Is there any other egpu case besides the omen that works with our dell 7577 ? 
I was opting for something like the akitio node pro with a GTX 1080 (ti) because 2nd hand they are dirt cheap since the release of the RTX line. 

Is this even possible ? Or are we only able to use just some brands of egpu's?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Ario Prasetiya
(@ario_prasetiya)

Hi, Second to Rikky006 here! I also own an 7577 and planning to pair it with Razer Core X and 1660Ti. I also open a thread full of questions regarding this

https://egpu.io/forums/which-gear-should-i-buy/dell-7577-razer-core-x-1660ti/

Basically I want to know the compatibility of this setup and if it's possible. Also did you disable the 1060 max q first before plugging in the Egpu, cause I read that it might have some issues regarding graphics staibility as it will switch between the eGpu and dGpu back and forth, hence causeing the blue screen

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
 of  2