Setup & Software Discussions
2013 12" Dell Latitude E7240 [4th,2C,U] + GT 1030 @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (PCE164P-N03) ...

[Solved] 2013 12" Dell Latitude E7240 [4th,2C,U] + GT 1030 @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (PCE164P-N03) + Win10 [Ruben Serralva]  

RSS

(@ruben_serralva)

System specs

12.5" Dell Latitude e7240 [4th, 2C/4T, U] i5 4310u , hd 4400 , Windows 10

eGPU hardware

$6 PCE164P-N03 mpcie riser card + gt 1030 + psu from my desktop as i dont have any other psu lying around

Hardware pictures

Installation steps

I connected everything up, the adapter to the wwan on the laptop's motherboard, the gt 1030 to the adapter, a sata power cable (with a 6 pin adapter) from my desktop to power up the igpu and an hdmi to my monitor

Then the process of instalation was as easy as turning on my desktop (to power the egpu) then power on the laptop, and voila, there was an output on the monitor, then i installed the nvidia drivers, i restarted the laptop, and there was an error 43 wich was easily fixed with nvidia-error43-fixer .

Benchmarks

cs go, low settings 1366*768:

before:40fps
after:100fps

unigine valley (see pictures)

before: 8fps

after: 30fps

fifa 19:

before: didnt run

after: 30fps

Comments

If someone could help running the egpu on the internal monitor, it would help me a lot, as it would be really usefull, i wont care for the lost performance, as it would me more convenient

Any suggestion, please tell me, my laptop screen wont work (it switches off) on boot when the egpu is connected, and on device manager the igpu has an error 43

Also something that is interesting about this laptop is that, as you can see in the photos, not only it has a mpcie for the wlan, but it also has another mpcie for wwan, which i used with the egpu, so it is possible to connect a graphics card while keeping up the wifi card.

This topic was modified 3 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@ruben_serralva)

Update:

I got the internal display working  with nando's help by doing this:

https://egpu.io/forums/builds/2012-14-dell-e6430-gtx6704gbpsc-ec2-pe4c-2-1a-win8-1/

I will probably post photos and more benchmarks later

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote