Setup & Software Discussions
2014 14" Dell Latitude E7450 [5th,2C,U] + GTX 1070 @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC 8.5c)...

2014 14" Dell Latitude E7450 [5th,2C,U] + GTX 1070 @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC 8.5c) + Win10 [rouzib]  

RSS

rouzib
(@rouzib)

System specs 

Dell Latitude e7450 14inch

CPU: i7-5600u@2,60Ghz

iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 5500

Windows 10

eGPU hardware 

EXP GDC V8.5c M.2 (NGFF)

Aorus GTX 1070 8Gb (rev.02)

EVGA br 450w

Hardware pictures  

Installation steps 

The installation went really well. I plugged the GTX in the EXP GDC dock and putted the 20 pin connector and the 4 pin for the CPU into the dock via the cable coming with the EXP GDC. I then connected the card to the power supply with a 8 pin and a 6 pin. Finally, I replaced my LAN card with the connector and plugged the HDMI cable into the Beast.

When I booted my laptop, the lights on the graphics card started. Because I had already made the setup with a GTX 970, I already had the drivers but they were outdated. I then updated my drivers in the device manager menu and after I restarted my computer, the graphics card showed error 43. I downloaded The error 43 patch and it worked. 

Benchmarks

Cuda-z :

On internal display, I get around 6000 on time strike .(6068)
I get around 9000 on the external display. (9357) 
These results are poor because of my CPU. 
On sky diver, the 1070 alone does 50k for a total score of 19k. 

Comments 

After 10 min I used the graphics card in a benchmark, I got a blue screen with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and it said that NVLDDMKM.SYS was the problem. When I booted again, the card showed error 43 again and I couldn’t make it work again. I restarted several time and fixed it to, but every time, I get a blue screen after I put some load on the GPU. Also, I wanted to test the GPU on an external monitor, but as I plug the HDMI cable in the 1070, I get the failure again, instantly.

I tried :

Updating the drivers- didn’t worked.

Using gigabyte provided drivers- didn’t worked.

To get rid of error 43, I uninstall all drivers and graphics card, reboot, reinstall all the drivers and apply nvidia-error43-fixer .

EDIT : Everything is stable, except when I try to plug the power cable to my laptop. The 1070 crashes immediately when I put it under load in these conditions? Does anyone know what could cause this issue? Thank you.

This topic was modified 1 month ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote