2015 13" Dell XPS 13 9350 [6th,2C,U] + GTX 980 Ti @ 16Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + ...

Notifications
Clear all

2015 13" Dell XPS 13 9350 [6th,2C,U] + GTX 980 Ti @ 16Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + Win10 [itsage]  

of  2
  RSS

itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

It was firmware 16. The latest crop of Thunderbolt 3 eGPU enclosures have firmware that ignore this "eGPU supported: no" message in Intel Thunderbolt Software. I have not used tensorflow to comment whether or how it works with eGPU.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
externalGPU18
(@externalgpu18)

I was able to get the akitio node work with the dell xps 13 9350 but when I unplugged it, the computer crashes. I have BIOS, Akitio firmware, and thunderbolt up to date. The security level is at No Security. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here, please help!! 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

Posted by: externalGPU18

I was able to get the akitio node work with the dell xps 13 9350 but when I unplugged it, the computer crashes. I have BIOS, Akitio firmware, and thunderbolt up to date. The security level is at No Security. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here, please help!! 

What GPU and driver version are you running?

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Mandril420
(@mandril420)

Hi @itsage. I have a Dell XPS 13 9350 and an Akitio Node 3 that keeps disconnecting.

If I check the thunderbolt software it says External GPU supported: NO.

I also get this nvidia popup that says External RTX 2060 not supported when plugging in the eGPU but I still get an image on the external monitor.

But it works fine sometimes and I can play Apex Legends for hours. Other times the eGPU just keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it’s unusable. 

I applied the bios update, thunderbolt driver update, thunderbolt firmware update on the Dell. On the Akitio node I updated the firmware as well.

I don’t know what else to try so I wanted to ask you if you experienced something similar with this configuration. I am a bit worried since I got this Akitio node 3 from eBay and I’m afraid it might be faulty even though the seller said it works fine. Thank you!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Stryder
(@stryder)

Hi!

Good Work!I have a question, I own a Dell XPS 9350 Core i5 with 8 GB RAM. And I've been reading in some posts that using the Aikito enclosures, but have you tried with the Razer Core X ?

I saw a video on youtube from a guy that made it work, but I think his dell was a 9360 but he does not talk about specs. There is another from a guy that made it work and he tells you how he did it, but it was a post from 2016 using older drivers.

I found one offering at a good price, but I don't want to make a purchase commitment until I have more information.

Do you know if that gear would work?

Thanks in advance!

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@stryder, It should work with all Thunderbolt 3 eGPU enclosures. This post was from early 2017 when TB3 eGPU was very new.

Stryder liked
ReplyQuote
 of  2