2016 ASRock Beebox-s [6th,2C,U] + GTX 970 @ 32Gbps-M2 (EXP GDC 9.0b) + Win10 [s...

Notifications
Clear all

2016 ASRock Beebox-s [6th,2C,U] + GTX 970 @ 32Gbps-M2 (EXP GDC 9.0b) + Win10 [stulowe]  

of  4
  RSS

markozutic
(@markozutic)

i wonder what speeds do you get if you plug in only one hdmi? i think one HDMI carry only x1 lanes, and other hdmi adds other x3 lanes.
otherwise you would be able to have x2 on simple exp gdc 8.4 models, but you only get x1, now i understand that PCH is also a limitation, but maybe some soldering to the MoBO could bring X2 to us 8.4 users

2011 15" ASUS K53SV (GT540M) [2nd,4C,Q] + GTX 750 Ti @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
ChaiQi
(@chaiqi)

Hey guys sorry for the long wait. So I've been able to get a couple of different GPU's working with this setup.

RX 580
GTX 1060
GTX 1070
*Also remember that the power supply that you get with the 9.0b only supports up to 220W. Any card that requires more might run into some issues running. I am currently testing out a GTX 1080. I will display the results of these cards later on.

With the most recent updates to windows and to the display drivers I've also ran into some issues. The following is my method of getting the setup working. 

Before connecting m.2:

1. Make sure that the right HDMI cable is plugged in the left port of the EXP GDC beast. It turns out that there is a main HDMI cable and a secondary so make sure you have the right one plugged into the left and right. 
2. When you first setup your computer make sure that all the drivers are up to date and the most recent updates for windows 10 is installed.
3. Connect the EXP GDC M.2 to your M.2 port

After Connecting M.2:
1. Keep either the DP cable or HDMI cable that is connected to your monitor connected to your pc's corresponding port.
2. Turn on PC
3. Check your Device manager to see if your PC detects the graphics card.
4. If your device is not detected try turning off the PC and unplug the power from your PC. Then switch the HDMI cables on the EXP GDC (Switch the cable plugged into the left port for the right port and vice versa)
5. If your device is detected then you can begin installing the display software(either the latest AMD or Nvidia drivers)
6. If you run into and issue with the installation where the drivers refuse to install then turn off your built in display driver. In my case i needed to turn off my Intel HD 620 in the device manager (right click on it then disable the device).
7. Once your drivers are installed correctly turn off the computer and then switch the display cable(HDMI or DP) from your PC to the GPU's corresponding port.

8. Game or whatever like a boss.

*If you are not gaming then you can keep the display cable plugging into your PC and run things in parallel

Ill be back with some performance values later on. 

2019 Mini PC [8th,6C,K] + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-M2 (EXP GDC 9.0b) + Win10 [build link]  

AMZMA liked
ReplyQuote
Abdullah Gok
(@abdullah_gok)

Hello there
do you have trouble working device?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
BESTSTAR
(@beststar)

hey i am also interested in buying the gdc. i need to know whether it works with vega and an amd system. i am going to buy the gl702zc which is that asus latop that has a desktop cpu and a b350 motherboardm, the rx580 isnt going to be enough for me which is why i am looking to replace it with a gdc and a vega (probably 64 as they are cheaper in germany right now). if you guys could send me any links regarding the topic that would be great

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Esteban
(@esteban)

the M2 version it's supposedly faster as one normal PCI 3.0 port??? this means that this M2 version is the same faster than one desktop PC PCI 3.0 PORT or even in this version there is lag???

ReplyQuote
arkin0615
(@arkin0615)

Hi , can you give me the link where to buy from taobao?I cant see cloud hero store,,I got the same hardware(intel Nuc 6i3) lying around.I want to make it a decent gaming pc with gtx 1060..

ReplyQuote
arkin0615
(@arkin0615)

Posted by: arkin0615

Hi , can you give me the link where to buy from taobao?I cant see cloud hero store,,I got the same hardware(intel Nuc 6i3) lying around.I want to make it a decent gaming pc with gtx 1060..

https://imgur.com/a/7slJxq8

got my exp gdc 9.0 version paired with gtx 1060 6gb..installed latest nvidia drivers but i'm not getting same speed as stulowe .We have basicaly same hardware setup. Intel nic 6i3 16 GB mem.,Any ideas why Im not getting same results with stulowe setup??

ReplyQuote
Gergo
(@gergo)

I know that is quite an old thread, but could I ask where can I buy EXP GDC Beast 9.0b apart from Taobao (they won't ship to my country)?

ReplyQuote
Gulash
(@gulash)

Posted by: arkin0615

https://imgur.com/a/7slJxq8

got my exp gdc 9.0 version paired with gtx 1060 6gb..installed latest nvidia drivers but i'm not getting same speed as stulowe .We have basicaly same hardware setup. Intel nic 6i3 16 GB mem.,Any ideas why Im not getting same results with stulowe setup??

CUDA-Z is not a GPU benchmark. All the parameters given there float severely even if it's the only app running in Windows. The parameters drop down even more when also HWInfo is running. The parameters are killed when render test is running in GPU-Z.
You will find out  your GPU performance if you run one of the games that Stu run.

Also GPU performance depends heavily on system memory speed. NUC6i3 supports only DDR4 up to 2133MHz. You will see your GPU performance drop if you use DDR4 different than 2133MHz. When I installed 2666MHz memory NUC downclocked it to 2133MHz but it resulted in actual memory speed penalty like 20-30% and same GPU performance drop. Use 2133MHz DDR4 exactly.

This post was modified 2 years ago

ReplyQuote
 of  4