Notifications
Clear all

2020 15" Dell XPS 15 9500 (GTX1650Ti) [10th,6C,H] + RTX 3070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X Chroma) + Win10  

of  2
  RSS

Maksym Karlash
(@maksym_karlash)

@don-bones, Hi, is it possible to connect 3 4k 60fps monitors to eGPU in this build?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Don Bones
(@don-bones)

Hello, I currently only have the one 1440p monitor connected via display port, but the setup you are asking about should work fine as well. I believe the number of monitors that you can output to will depend on the specific graphics card you put inside the Razer Core. For example, the EVGA 3070 that I have hooked up has 3 display port 1.4 outputs, and 1 HDMI output - so 3 4k monitors should work if connecting them via display port. Different 3070 cards have different input/outputs. So for example, a 3070 card by PNY might only have 2 display port 1.4 outputs allowing only two monitors to be hooked up to it. This is solely dependent on the graphics card and not the Razer Core or the laptop. Of course the more monitors you hook up to the laptop will increase the stress put on the laptop if gaming for example (you may achieve 60 fps at 4k while gaming with one monitor, but if trying to output the game to all 3 you may get worse fps, but I have never tried this - just what I think would happen). I hope this answers your question. 

2020 15" Dell XPS 15 9500 (GTX1650Ti) [10th,6C,H] + RTX 3070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X Chroma) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Noble Member

A DisplayPort 1.4 MST Hub that supports DSC can connect three 4K 60Hz 8 bpc RGB displays to a singe DisplayPort 1.4 port of a GPU that also supports DSC. Even with a MST hub, the maximum number of displays an Nvidia card can support is 4. I don't know how well Nvidia supports DSC and MST.

Mac mini (2018), Mac Pro (Early 2008), GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Radeon Pro W5700, Sonnet Echo Express III-D, Trebleet Thunderbolt 3 to NVMe M.2 case

Don Bones liked
ReplyQuote
Maksym Karlash
(@maksym_karlash)

@don-bones, the build I am trying to make is
MSI GTX 1080 TI 11G 2xDisplayPort 2xHDMI
Razer Core X Chroma 700 Watt
dell xsp 15 9500 4k i9 32GB ram

And 3x 4k 60Hz monitors connected to it.

Also it would be good if labtop was charging via Thunderbold from Core X, so I take 700 Watt

Hope it works.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
 of  2