2011 17" Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 GT525M + [email protected] (EXP GDC 8.x) + Win10  

RSS

Nolli
(@nolli)
February 24, 2018 6:47 pm  

System specs

• CPU: Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 43,9 cm (17,3") with Intel Core i7 2640M, 2,8GHz
  • RAM: 16 GB DDR3
  • iGPU: Intel HD3000
  • dGPU: NVIDIA GT 525M (2GB VRAM)
  • External Display: PHILIPS 273V5LHAB, Monitor 27" Full-HD Display, 1 ms

eGPU

• Graphic card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC with 4 GB GDDR5
  • PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 10 CM ATX 400W
  • eGPU: PCI-E V8.3 EXP GDC Expresscard
  • DIY-case for eGPU

Installation steps

I used DIY eGPU Setup 1.35 by nando4 to

• get rid of the Windows 12-error
  • automatically disable dGPU without disable it generally by Windows device manager
  • automatically set the used PCIE-Port to 1.2

Because this is my default-system now and i was tired to select the boot-device every time i start the computer, nando4 provided an automated boot process procedure.  So now Setup 1.35 boots first and after that Windows 10 boots  automatically. many thanks to nando for his support.

To solve the problem with NVIDIA-cards 10*, i followed the instructions on the forum which means:

• using Driver Uninstaller (DDU)
  • partly installing the modiefied Geforce Driver 368.81 WHQL
  • fully installed new Feforce Driver

Details are described extensively in the forum and on many youtube-videos

so, my GTX 1050 Ti SC is acepted by the driver and loads well.

Benchmarks

I prefer adventure-games and mostly no shooters. So my conditions are not so high. On the other hand, newer games require better hardware, so i was not able to play actual games with my old dGPU. Now i am able to run the games in full-HD with acceptable settings and speed. In Ungine Valley i reach nearly 50 FPS using Full HD with high quality.

Comments

I am fully satisfied with the performance under the giver hardware restrictions. It is just a sandy bridge processor, which means, that only PCIE 1.2 is supported. I think that no more is possible using PCIE 1.2 and a cheap eGPU. Unfortunately it is not possibel to upgrade to a 6th gen CPU with PCIE 1.3.

I also build my own case for the beast and and specially for the very short GTX 1050 Ti SC. It was using aluminium profiles, some rivets/screws and black plaste, all together for about 10 EUR. In practice, the case and the PSU are located behind my external monitor, so you can't see them.

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote