2016 13" Macbook Pro Touchbar + [email protected] (AKiTiO Node) + Win10 [sirspoky]^  

RSS

sirspoky
(@sirspoky)
April 7, 2017 9:08 pm  

I was able to get the Akitio node and GTX 1080 ti to work flawlessly via bootcamp on a MacBook Pro 2016 13" with touch bar.

2016 MacBook Pro 13″ touch bar, 500GB SSD, 8GM Ram
– Via bootcamp and windows 10
Akitio Node 
– GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti

The steps I took:

- Install windows 10 pro and bootcamp
- Plug Akitio node and power via bootcamp
- Install thunderbolt intel drivers & install akitio node firmware update as described here
- Download and create boot efi USB to keep iGPU enabled from here
- Plug USB into MacBook via USB to USB-C adapter + Plug akitio node. Power MacBook by holding option key. Chose EFI USB stick to launch Windows10
- Downloaded GTX 1080 ti drivers and ran installation. Reboot after install and it all worked.

Heaven unigine benchmark is 3289 when running at 4k under extreme options with an acer predator 27inch 4k monitor.

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

nando4 and theitsage liked
ReplyQuote
NightHawk64
(@nighthawk64)
April 9, 2017 5:44 pm  

Can you explain what the boot EFI usb is for?

But why is it necessary to launch Windows 10 thats the part I don't get

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin
April 9, 2017 5:55 pm  
Posted by: NightHawk64

There is a comprehensive explanation for this if you follow and read the here  link:
  https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/how-to-keep-mbps-irisiris-pro-activated-when-booting-into-windows-boot-camp/

Posted by: sirspoky

- Plug USB into MacBook via USB to USB-C adapter + Plug akitio node. Power MacBook by holding option key. Chose EFI USB stick to launch Windows10

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table    •    Several builds
2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 M1000M + macOS 10.14 & Win10

ReplyQuote
NightHawk64
(@nighthawk64)
April 9, 2017 6:16 pm  
Posted by: nando4

Posted by: NightHawk64

There is a comprehensive explanation for this if you follow and read the here  link:
  https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/how-to-keep-mbps-irisiris-pro-activated-when-booting-into-windows-boot-camp/

Posted by: sirspoky

Why would you need the Intel GPU still active with the eGPU plugged in? Do you have to run the USB drive every time you boot into windows or just one time?

ReplyQuote
sirspoky
(@sirspoky)
April 10, 2017 12:46 am  

Yes the usb needs to be plugged in everytime you boot into windows via bootcamp, Once in windows 1o you can remove it.

ReplyQuote
NightHawk64
(@nighthawk64)
April 10, 2017 12:50 am  

Is it really nessesary though? Other people's implementations don't include this. The tutorial for the 1050ti from 9to5mac doesn't include this step and he has the same computer as you 

ReplyQuote
sirspoky
(@sirspoky)
April 11, 2017 8:59 pm  

Good question. Mine freezes everytime without it only when not using an external monitor.

ReplyQuote
(@aniket_sable)
August 17, 2018 10:49 am  

I watched a youtube video that mentioned partitioning your startup disk with an 80 MB partition into MS-DOT FAT and adding your efi file to that so you would not need a USB stick ever to boot into windows.

MPB 13" with Touch Bar Late 2016 (10.13.6)
Akitio Node Pro+GTX 1080

ReplyQuote