2011 15" Lenovo Z570 + GTX [email protected] (EXP GDC 8.4x) + Win10 [xRay]^ // driver 375.63 + mPCIe hotplug enabled  

RSS

xRay
 xRay
(@xray)
March 26, 2017 8:13 am  

Verified on Lenovo Z570 laptop with EXP GDC adapter BEAST v8.x.

Key things:

1. You need to disable the discrete graphics card (dGPU) in BIOS (otherwise if it loads with dGPU and eGPU on, I had a black screen because apparently the hardware conflict is with dGPU and eGPU)
  2. The PCI-E port to which the external video card (eGPU) is connected must be enabled Hot plug
  3. Installed Geforce driver version 375.63. (By the way the driver is
    This version is available from the manufacturer of my video card https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/EX-GTX1050TI-4G/HelpDesk_Download/) Before installing the driver, remove the previous Geforce driver using DDU.

The order of inclusion is:

1. The eGPU is turned off when the notebook is turned on.
  2. Insert the laptop into sleep and turn on the eGPU and remove the laptop from sleep.
  3. And eGPU The video card works.

I did not disable the Intel HD Graphics 3000 in the device manager. The driver version is 9.17.10.4229.

Problem: How to update (from the current working version 375.63) the Geforce driver without losing the work of the eGPU. Tried to roll over with the express installation version of the driver 378.92. And I received Error 43 error. I deleted Geforce driver (version 378.92) again in DDU and rolled back 375.63.

What I did next:
I did a DSDT override (I did it using the method from Microsoft) and then cast the resulting dsdt.aml in the config folder (which is stored in the root of the eGPU DIY Setup 1.35 image). In eGPU, DIY Setup performed PCI compaction setting in the range of 56.25GB - for eGPU - none. And then he went through the configuration instructions. Boot into Windows 10 (Enable eGPU before launching the laptop) and the eGPU runs without Error 12.

When you turn on the picture from the laptop I get to the monitor by D-SUB. After switching on, switch the signal source of the monitor from D-SUB to HDMI.
D-SUB displays the laptop screen. HDMI displays the picture from the eGPU.

It is difficult, but has not yet figured out how to automate it. And it can not be loaded blindly. It is necessary that the eGPU DIY Setup is loaded first (with the configuration loaded) and then you need to select the Windows 10 boot.

Note: By default, the boot loader loads eGPU DIY Setup

If interested, I will describe in more detail later how to put a Hot plug on the PCI-E port if this setting is not visible in the BIOS settings (but it's there).

Check out this method with your GTX 1050 and write about the results. 😉

I forgot to specify that the driver I set for desktop

2011 15" Lenovo Z570 + GTX [email protected] (EXP GDC 8.4x) + Win10 // driver 375.63 + mPCIe hotplug enabled

kilik117 and nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
subi57
(@subi57)
April 11, 2017 10:01 pm  

hi, i´m looking for 375.63 drivers.,the link in your post is broken or file is missing. thx

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
mmando
(@mmando)
April 12, 2017 1:39 am  

iam using exp gdc v8 so how can i hot plug ?

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
xRay
 xRay
(@xray)

ReplyQuote
choraltrickster
(@choraltrickster)
August 17, 2017 4:33 am  

I see you got your Lenovo setup to work.  If you don't mind, could you take a look at my post and offer any suggestions.  Thanks so much!
https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/mpcieecngff-m2-resolving-detection-bootup-and-stability-problems/paged/1/

ReplyQuote
icepin
(@icepin)
December 17, 2017 12:57 am  

Did you manage to get smooth performance?

I also have a Lenovo z570 with i7 2670QM. Got the 1050ti working using this solution but the performance is quite bad. Using Window 10 Pro - 1709. When I minimize and then restore a full-screen window, it is jerky, not a smooth transition. Same thing when I scroll a webpage or watch a youtube video. Not to mention if I try to open OBS, it's pretty inoperable. Super laggy. 

In GPU-Z I have the exact readings like you.

Any advice?

Lenovo z570 ( i7-2670qm GT540M 8GB RAM) running Windows 10 Pro build 16299.125 //
Asus GTX1050ti (EXP GDC 8.5c) + Thermaltake Litepower 650W

ReplyQuote
 Abe
(@anand_r_bhatia)
January 22, 2018 7:01 pm  

Hi @xray

I tried following your instructions and managed to get Hotplug enabled on my WLAN PCIE port.

But even after booting with WLAN card and Hotplugging during sleep, my EXP GDC is not recognized.

If I boot with the GDC connected, then the port disappears (even though I'm using a Whitelist removed version of BIOS)

Is there something else I can try to debug?

Thanks in advance for your  excellent guide.

ReplyQuote