2011 14" ASUS X42D (HD5400) [0th,2C,A] + GTX 750 Ti @ 2Gbps-mPCIe (EXP GDC 8.4d)...

Notifications

2011 14" ASUS X42D (HD5400) [0th,2C,A] + GTX 750 Ti @ 2Gbps-mPCIe (EXP GDC 8.4d) + Win7 [Ashiq Abd Jalil]  

RSS

(@ashiq_abd_jalil)

System specs 

(Asus X42D, Phenom triple core, ATI Radeon 5400, Windows 7 )

eGPU hardware

(NVDIA GTX750ti, EXP GDC v8.4d, power adapter 12v, RAM DDR3 2gb + 4gb ,Dell lcd monitor ,hdmi extension socket ,d.i.y case)

Hardware pictures (note: require 5+ posts for “attach files” button to appear. Or can link from say  http://imgur.com

Installation steps

Remove cd drive,remove keyboard,slide in m-pcie cable through cd slot.
Remove Wifi card and install the cable.
Assemble back keyboard but don't put back laptop cover yet.(i dont use cd drive so i remove it)

Install graphic card gtx750ti on exp gdc slot, use power adapter 12v to power up graphic card.Install hdmi extension cable on dock(for portability)

Install 2gb RAM.(no display if use higher than 2gb RAM)
Install monitor cable on egpu dock.
Put on m-pcie cable from laptop to dock(hdmi extension cable).
Power On the dock (12v adapter).
Power On the laptop.Laptop should start but no display.The display will be on external monitor.
Before windows start,press power button to force stop it.
Put additional 4gb RAM.Now you can assemble laptop cover.
Power On the laptop back.Windows will start with 6gb RAM.
Install latest NVDIA gtx 750ti driver.
Happy gaming..

Benchmarks (not tested yet)

Comments (if you don't power on the dock first and there is no display on external monitor,remove the 4gb RAM.Power On the dock and power On the laptop with 2gb RAM first)

This topic was modified 2 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@ashiq_abd_jalil)

Asus x42d + Nvdia GTX750ti

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote