2015 15" MacBook Pro (R9 M370X) [4th,4C,H] + GTX 980 Ti @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (AKiTiO...

Notifications
Clear all

2015 15" MacBook Pro (R9 M370X) [4th,4C,H] + GTX 980 Ti @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + Win10 [lalaboi] // also 8760W  

of  2
  RSS

23mrtbone
(@23mrtbone)
Eminent Member

Posted by: lalaboi

Did it. Managed to get dgpu on internal display and egpu on externals.
What i did:
1. While running in integrated.bat, disable igpu. Internal display should go black.
2. Enable dgpu if it was disabled.
3. Check Device Manager for error. There should be something.
            If error 43: roll back/uninstall amd drivers.
            If amd drivers are not present, proceed to 4
4. Reboot with hotplug,  (external screen works, internal screen black) and install amd drivers for your specific model.
5. Before restarting, Use gpu-switch dedicated.bat in cmd (admin) if it was running with integrated.bat 
6. Boot up windows with the hotplug without boot.efi that forces igpu.
7. All monitors should come alive and both dgpu and egpu will come alive with igpu disabled. (who needs that piece of shit anyways)

My results for humble bragging purposes. Next is to setup bootloader (refind) to avoid that dreaded bsod on boot with thunderbolt and my setup would be perfect.

Any resolution on a clean boot up after all said and done? I'm planning to get an eGPU soon and having the dGPU power the internal and the eGPU power just externals is my ideal situation! Also, is it necessary to even enable the iGPU in the beginning to achieve this?

Thanks.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
livingroom
(@livingroom)

you will never know how much this helped me. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
 of  2