2011 14" Acer Aspire 4755G GT540M i7-2670QM + [email protected] (EXP GDC 8.4d) + Win7 [burnok]^ // hotplug BIOS mod  

Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS

burnok
(@burnok)
June 18, 2017 7:20 am  

Hello everyone, I've finished my eGPU implementation which would be a more complex one. I've sectioned off the steps needed below as:

Step 1: modify BIOS to enable hotplug bit to resolve error 43 on GTX1050Ti
Step 2: BIOS configuration disabling dGPU
Step 3: eGPU Setup 1.35 configuration including DSDT override
Step 4: bootup sequence required including eGPU detection

Laptop specs as follows:

Acer 4755G
i7 2670QM 2.2Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GT540M 2GB

Intel HD 3000 (edit)
16GB Ram DDR3

EGPU
mPCIE EXP GDC 8.4d plugged in wifi slot
Palit StormX 1050Ti 4Gb
ATX PSU - Thermaltake SMART-SE 530M 530watts (semi modular)
Hdmi to VGA cable plugged in on GPU's hdmi output connected on a Samsung Monitor

Bios
BIOS Version/Date    Phoenix Technologies Ltd. V2.13, 10/21/2011
SMBIOS Version    2.6

Steps

Step 1: modify BIOS to enable hotplug bit to resolve error 43 on GTX1050Ti

I have followed this guide to enable the hot plug option for the PCIe that the wifi card is using .
https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/how-to-enable-hot-plug-for-pci-e-port-using-hidden-settings-in-bios-examle-for-phoenix-securecore-tiano/

Initial Steps I have done:
1. Download all the required tools from the above link
2. Run HWiNFO64
    -Check under Bus > PCI Bus #0
    -See which PCIExpress the wifi card is installed
    -In my case it was on PCI Express Port 2
    -On the right side pane, it says

Slot Implemented:     No
    Hot-Plug:                 Not Capable
    Hot-Plug Surprise:     Not Capable

**Sorry I was not able to get a screenshot as I was too excited
    ***Remember which PCI Express port your wifi card is installed

Enable Hot Plug

1. Back up current Bios
  -Run Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0 to start backup
  -Save backup file (.rom file)

2. Open UEFITool (UEFITool_NE_A40) and open the rom file from step 1.
   -On opening the bios rom file, there is an error I received and not sure if it affects the setup (Figure 1)

3. Ignoring the error I received, I proceed with the following:
    -Search for "Advanced" and had multiple results for the PE32 image section (Figure 2)
    -From the PE32 image section results, Right click one of the PE32 image section and select Extract Body. (Figure 3)
    -Save the efi file

4. Using the Universal IFR Extractor tool, open the efi acquired from step 3, extract and save the IFR text file.
5. Open the IFR text file on Notepad++ and search for "Hot plug"  (Figure 4)

6. Hot Plug results (Figure 5)

7. In my case I know that the Wifi card that is using the mPCIe slot was on PCI Express port 2
   -Still on the IFR text file on Notepad++, search for PCI Express (Figure 6)

-From the PCI Express search results, Double click the PCI Express port 2 and it will redirect you to that code block (Figure 7 / Figure 8)

-Starting on the line, scroll down until you reach its Hot Plug Variable (Figure 9)

-Save on a note the address which is 0x10B  (might be different on your side depending on the slot)

8. Prepare a separate flash drive and format it as FAT32
9. Once formatted, Create the following directory structure
    -EFI\Boot
    -Inside the EFI\Boot folder, copy the efi file  named bootx64.efi
    -Figure 10

10. Restart computer and modify Bios settings
      -Enable Legacy
      -Disable Secure boot

11. Save settings and boot through the usb flash drive from step 9
 12. Grub bootloader should appear
       -Once booted I have received the following error prefix isn't set
       -I have ignored this error and proceed with the following command

grub> setup_var 0x10B 0x1

**Results on Figure 11 after issuing the command

grub> reboot

*I restarted the laptop and removed the usb flash drive

13. Once login on windows, Run HWiNFO64
      -Check back the PCI Express port 2
      -Figure 12

Slot Implemented:     Yes
        Hot-Plug:                 Capable
        Hot-Plug Surprise:     Capable

Step 2: BIOS configuration disabling dGPU

1. Booted laptop on Bios
      -Disabled Integrated Graphics
      -Disabled Network Boot
      -Figure 13

**Note that the eGPU is not yet powered on.

2. Coming from step 15,
       -Power on eGPU and rebooted
       -Greed Led is ON on the GPU, fan is running

Step 3:  eGPU Setup 1.35 configuration including DSDT override

1. Run c:\egpu\egpu-setup-mount to get v: drive
2. Install the Acer 4755G DSDT override as system has TOLUD=3.49GB causing eGPU error 12.
- create DSDT in c:\dsdt http://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/fix-dsdt-override-to-correct-error-12/
- copy c:\dsdt\dsdt-modified.aml as v:\config\dsdt.aml

3. Reboot into eGPU Setup 1.35.
4. Hit F5,  Hotplug the eGPU adapter's HDMi cable (the one attached to the mPCIe slot) to get eGPU detection
5. Perform PCI compaction with following settings:
- PCI compaction->endpoint=56.25GB
- PCI compaction->Run->(eGPU only), force 32-bit=none

6. Select startup.bat->test run
7. Select chainloader->test run

Confirm error 12 is gone against the eGPU.  Thereafter, reboot via Setup 1.35->automated startup (default), whenever you require use of your eGPU.

Step 4: bootup sequence required including eGPU detection

VIDEO

GTX 1050 Ti on Acer 4755G eGpu setup

1. eGPU adapter is currently set to always ON (ATX switch)

2. PSU off

-When display appears, power on psu

3. Boot setup 1.35 and select automated start up

4. While on the red alert saying no egpu detected, plugin the mPCIe hdmi cable to the exp gdc beast adapter

-I've just tried this approach to atleast lessen my unscrewing screwing the mPCie cable on the bottom of my laptop as it was very tedious.

-I was happy it was succesful and now I am enjoying using the graphic card.

-Almost 1 week being used

5. Once eGPU is detected, it will "reboot" to the Windows/eGPU boot menu. Select windows.

-there would be times that it will stuck on the windows logo or while on the "starting windows" screen it suddenly gets a red screen (like bsod but it is red). On rare occasions.

So far I am not yet encountering any bsod or any errors while using it. Also been using this for mining with NiceHash Miner.

Edit: Here's some benchmark vs the dGPU GT540M 2gb, and also a trial with the mining.

Old notes no longer relevant

Whenever I boot the laptop with the eGPU powered on I have garbage display. (Figure 14, Figure 15)

eGPU detection attempts

I have already tried the following:
-Remove all Nvidia Drivers, Nvidia Geforce Experience, reboot
-Uninstall    Nvidia GeForce GT 540M adapter on the Device Manager, reboot
-Do a hot swap like setting the laptop to sleep with wifi detected, swap the egpu and wake up, GPU not detected. There is no hardware present under th PCI Express Port 2
-Tried with Exp GDC ATX OFF, 7s
-Tried with Exp GDC ATX OFF, 15s
-Tried with Exp GDC ATX ON, delay off
-Tried with Exp GDC ATX ON, 7s
-Tried with Exp GDC ATX ON, 15s

**Tried also this with Nando4's DIY eGPU Setup 1.35
**Hot swap also while Nando4's 1.35 is polling

All with the same results, Figure 14 and Figure 15.

How do I know if the mPCIe was whitelisted? What steps do you think I missed?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE 1

I was able to detect the card via Hot Plugging.

1. While on Setuip 1.35 menu screen, I carefully unplug and then replug the mPCIe cable

-Nvidia Card was detected, but when trying to show state, it says No Nvidia Adapters found

2. I then tried it while on Windows.

-Put back the wifi card, boot on windows

-Open device manager (devmgmt.msc) and expand Display Adapters

*I only have here the Intel HD

3. While currently login on windows, I have removed the wifi card and carefully plugged in the mPCIe

*GPU was detected as Standard VGA Graphics Adapter

*Seeing it was detected, I screwed the mPCIe in place hoping it was now ok.

*Installed the Nvidia Drivers with the CD it came along 375.95 via setup.exe

*Rebooted and voila, garbage graphics on my screen.

*Switch off egpu, rebooted on Windows.

*Again, open device manager, expand Display Adapter.

*Unscrew egpu and unplug replug again to have it detected.

*When detected, here comes a new challenger. Error Code 12

To be continued..

Acer Aspire 4755G -- [ i7 2670QM 2.2GHz ]--[16GB Ram DDR3] -- [ GeForce GT 540M 2Gb ] -- [Intel HD 3000 ] eGPU [ Palit GTX StormX 1050 Ti ] -- [ Exp GDC Beast 8.4d mPCIe ] -- [ ATX PSU Thermaltake SMART-SE 530M 530watts ]

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
Killit77
(@killit77)
June 18, 2017 9:06 am  

Hey bro, 

Im having the same issue as you, same laptop as well, so I guess we can cross out the possibility of the board being faulty? 

At least that's a progress

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
dani_tx
(@dani_tx)
Estimable Member
June 18, 2017 1:43 pm  

Why would you disable the iGPU,it's the onliest one connected to your display.Any other GPU connected to your laptop either the dGPU or eGPU  using it to render.It's called OPTIMUS.You can disable the dGPU for better output and less interference but iGPU must be on all the time.

ASUS A53SV: i7-2860QM, 16GB DDR3 running WINDOWS 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016
SSD: SAMSUNG 850 PRO(256GB)+SAMSUNG 850 EVO(120GB)
eGPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW+ PE4C V3.0(mPCIe)+EVGA 650 G3 PSU (internal display ONLY)

ReplyQuote
burnok
(@burnok)
June 18, 2017 5:08 pm  

Sorry, forgot to include I have Intel HD 3000 as the integrated graphic card.

The GT540m is another dedicated video card as switchable. This is what I have disabled. I've been mixing and matching solutions Im reading here.

Acer Aspire 4755G -- [ i7 2670QM 2.2GHz ]--[16GB Ram DDR3] -- [ GeForce GT 540M 2Gb ] -- [Intel HD 3000 ] eGPU [ Palit GTX StormX 1050 Ti ] -- [ Exp GDC Beast 8.4d mPCIe ] -- [ ATX PSU Thermaltake SMART-SE 530M 530watts ]

ReplyQuote
dani_tx
(@dani_tx)
Estimable Member
June 19, 2017 4:46 am  

Sorry man but i'm out of ideas on this one.Looks like you did all the necessary troubleshooting and from the comment posted by Killit77 i'd say it safe to rule out hardware failure.What's left is the whitelisting.I did little research and there are different opinions,some say ACER does whitelist others say i doesn't but looking at your problem all points that it does.I'll suggest you to start do deeper research on how to disable it and be very carefull.tinkering with BIOS is always a risky business.You can try to post a request at bios-mods.com and see if somebody there can do it for you.Keep us informed on the progress and good luck.

eGPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW+ PE4C V3.0(mPCIe)+EVGA 650 G3 PSU (internal display ONLY)

ReplyQuote
burnok
(@burnok)
June 19, 2017 5:14 am  

Thanks a lot. We are working on it now. GPU card has been detected through hot plugging. Huge shoutout to @nando4 for assisting me with the Setup 1.35

I will update the main post later for the detailed actions I have done last night.

ReplyQuote
burnok
(@burnok)
June 20, 2017 4:39 am  

Update

I was able to run the Palit GTX 1050Ti Stormx with my laptop. Used driver 375.70 and installed it the old classic way. I will update my main post soon. Loooongggg post incoming.

My current problem now is, how can I enable the egpu to be detected without hotplugging the egpu like literally removing and putting it back?

1. Boot laptop and wait for the menu screen

2. On the selection screen Windows 7 / DIY eGPU 1.35

-I then switch ON the egpu

-Select diy egpu 1.35 and then automated startup bat

-If the egpu isnt detected, I have to unscrew and replug until it is detected.

-Once detected it will continue the process until the boot selection menu again, at this time I will select Windows 7

*while it is doing its stuff, I am carefully putting back the screw on the mPCie, a slight movement will likely "short" and have the laptop shuts down and will have to repeat the process again.

-If lucky, it will proceed and I am able to use the eGPU.

By the way, If I don't switch off the egpu before booting up the system it will give me the garbage graphics on boot up. So I only switch it on after it has passed the bios info screen and is on the boot menu.

ReplyQuote
dani_tx
(@dani_tx)
Estimable Member
June 20, 2017 8:23 am  

This what i can suggest you cause i see that this whole project is turning into a big headache and you stubborn and don't give up.So instead of doing that plug/unplug bullshit and waste time why don't you find somebody with laptop who's wifi card is connected trough the mPCIe port like yours is and borrow it for a day(just the card).Plug it in and see if your laptop will recognize it(i bet you it wont),if it doesn't you'll know that it's that whitelisting crap and you just have to figure it out how to disable it.Once you do that and you already have the hotplug enabled you'll be golden.You feel like you don't want to mess with bios,fine,post a request at bios-mods.com i'm pretty sure somebody will help you there.

ReplyQuote
Killit77
(@killit77)
June 22, 2017 4:05 pm  

im going to go request for some bios unlock mod, hopefully it will solve this problem, Hotplugging sounds like a shit plan to use an egpu.

check this link out: 

someone actually modded it already, just have to contact this guy

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Request-for-Acer-Aspire-4755g

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin
June 22, 2017 4:08 pm  

burnok confimed offline this Acer 4755 system doesn't have a whitelisted BIOS by booting without wifi, then hotplugging wifi, finding it was detected OK.

So the problem is then circumventing any black bootup screen using eGPU adapter delay switches and having the eGPU appear after that delay. See techniques to do that at https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/mpcieecngff-m2-resolving-detection-bootup-and-stability-problems/

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table    •    Several builds
2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 M1000M + macOS 10.14 & Win10

ReplyQuote
burnok
(@burnok)
June 26, 2017 3:05 pm  

Apologies for not yet updating the main post. For the mean time, here's a video how I am able to use my GTX 1050 Ti Palit StormX 4GB on my Acer 4755G.

VIDEO

GTX 1050 Ti on Acer 4755G eGpu setup

1. eGPU adapter is currently set to always ON (ATX switch)

2. PSU off

-When display appears, power on psu

3. Boot setup 1.35 and select automated start up

4. While on the red alert saying no egpu detected, plugin the mPCIe hdmi cable to the exp gdc beast adapter

-I've just tried this approach to atleast lessen my unscrewing screwing the mPCie cable on the bottom of my laptop as it was very tedious.

-I was happy it was succesful and now I am enjoying using the graphic card.

-Almost 1 week being used

5. Once eGPU is detected, it will "reboot" to the Windows/eGPU boot menu. Select windows.

-there would be times that it will stuck on the windows logo or while on the "starting windows" screen it suddenly gets a red screen (like bsod but it is red). On rare occasions.

So far I am not yet encountering any bsod or any errors while using it. Also been using this for mining with NiceHash Miner.

Edit: Here's some benchmark vs the dGPU GT540M 2gb, and also a trial with the mining.

aeonia and nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
keeptrick
(@keeptrick)
August 17, 2017 6:53 pm  

hey i have same problem with you, my laptop screen looks like figure 14, i use 4755g i5 and gtx 1050

what should i do just buy DIY setup 1.35 and do like your last post or i must modify BIOS too ? 

ReplyQuote
cr4zyw3ld3r
(@cr4zyw3ld3r)
January 12, 2018 1:04 am  

Hello burnok 

i am unable to get grubloader to come up I get win stuff,

when manually installing grub it fails find necessary files to run the command any help.

ReplyQuote
(@edy_ashari)
March 31, 2018 7:05 am  

can  i get your DSDT.aml modification? I need it too for install my egpu to my laptop acer 4755. thanks

ReplyQuote
 jkey
(@luxjar01)
April 11, 2018 6:56 pm  

Hey burnok,

regarding your sequence on connecting the egpu to work and not to crash during bios. There is a solution to that similar to how you enable hotplug. 

The step is to go to your last PE32 ifr.text and open it with notepad+.

ctrl+F “ASPM” in the setting of your PCI Express port 2.

If you found it make sure to write down the given code for the setting (eg: “0x10b” is for your hot plug setting)

if you find the address, write it down and set it using the usb stick and boot to grub

after that insert this line

grub> setup_var <address> 0x0 

**address eg 0x10B
**0x0 is to disable the ASPM

And then grub> reboot

Now you can try connect the egpu to your notebook with the egpu power on and turn on your notebook. It suppose to not crash anymore during bios load. This method works on my acer aspire 4752g. It seems our notebook are alike, I think it’s good to share it. 

Cheers.

ReplyQuote
burnok
(@burnok)
April 12, 2018 12:45 am  
Posted by: Jkeychen Liew

Hey burnok,

regarding your sequence on connecting the egpu to work and not to crash during bios. There is a solution to that similar to how you enable hotplug. 

The step is to go to your last PE32 ifr.text and open it with notepad+.

ctrl+F “ASPM” in the setting of your PCI Express port 2.

If you found it make sure to write down the given code for the setting (eg: “0x10b” is for your hot plug setting)

if you find the address, write it down and set it using the usb stick and boot to grub

after that insert this line

grub> setup_var <address> 0x0 

**address eg 0x10B
**0x0 is to disable the ASPM

And then grub> reboot

Now you can try connect the egpu to your notebook with the egpu power on and turn on your notebook. It suppose to not crash anymore during bios load. This method works on my acer aspire 4752g. It seems our notebook are alike, I think it’s good to share it. 

Cheers.

Hey Thanks! I will try this out.
Could you list the steps on preparing the usb stick to use?

ReplyQuote
burnok
(@burnok)
April 12, 2018 12:47 am  
Posted by: keeptrick

hey i have same problem with you, my laptop screen looks like figure 14, i use 4755g i5 and gtx 1050

what should i do just buy DIY setup 1.35 and do like your last post or i must modify BIOS too ? 

I bought DIY eGPU 1.35  as this is a big help.  nando4 is very accommodating in answering questions in case you get stuck.

jkey liked
ReplyQuote
 jkey
(@luxjar01)
April 12, 2018 2:28 am  

hey burnok,

it's the same in your step as follow:

-EFI\Boot
    -Figure 10

-Enable Legacy
      -Disable Secure boot

**just change the address "0x10B" with the ASPM you find in ifr.txt and "0x1" to "0x0"

ReplyQuote
burnok
(@burnok)
April 12, 2018 2:34 am  

hey burnok,

it's the same in your step as follow:

-EFI\Boot
    -Figure 10

-Enable Legacy
      -Disable Secure boot

**just change the address "0x10B" with the ASPM you find in ifr.txt and "0x1" to "0x0"

Oh! Thanks will try soon!

Have you tried with the latest driver? It seems updating to the latest nvidia driver breaks the setup.

ReplyQuote
 jkey
(@luxjar01)
April 12, 2018 2:51 am  

We have different card build and different adapter as well. I'm using the PCE16P NO3 v006c that $7 adapter attach to mpcie. I'm currently using GTX750 ti with the latest nvidia version 391.xx without any problems. I also have hotplug enabled by using your guide. I do own a exp gdc v8.0 before but in terms of stability with gen 2 link, I prefer the $7 best bang-per-buck adapter because the gen 2 link on this egpu adapter is quite stable. I will try with GTX 1060 6GB with the exp gdc v8.0 and will update with you later if I encounter any problem with the latest nvidia drivers also how it performs.

ReplyQuote
 jkey
(@luxjar01)
April 12, 2018 6:49 am  

Hey burnok, 

I’m planning to upgrade my notebook memory and cpu as I saw your notebook with 16gb ram and i7 2670qm. 

I7 2720qm is what I have in mind now. I just wonder if I could use 16gb ram (8gb x2 sodimm) after the upgrade of cpu. Can you confirm this?

ReplyQuote
burnok
(@burnok)
April 12, 2018 6:58 am  

Hey burnok, 

I’m planning to upgrade my notebook memory and cpu as I saw your notebook with 16gb ram and i7 2670qm. 

I7 2720qm is what I have in mind now. I just wonder if I could use 16gb ram (8gb x2 sodimm) after the upgrade of cpu. Can you confirm this?

I believe yes. Just to make sure it is supported on the next board (max ram capacity), mine has 16gb max, 2x 8GB.
What laptop are you bringing in? There are a few laptops that I know that the cpu/gpu is not soldered on the board.

ReplyQuote
 jkey
(@luxjar01)
April 12, 2018 7:44 am  

Mine was acer aspire 4752g. Can you confirm my ram support to 16gb? Or limited to 4gb each slot? I just wonder if the cpu it self are the one that set limit to the ram upgrade.

My cpu is fully modular 😊

ReplyQuote
burnok
(@burnok)
April 12, 2018 7:56 am  

Wow. Nice that you have a modular board.

Unfortunately if you're using the board of 4752g, if that's the modular one, it only supports maximum 8Gb.

Acer 4752g
Max Memory: 8gb
PC3-10600 1066Mhz DDR3 SDRAM SO-DIMM 204-pin

4GB 204p PC3-10600 DDR3-1333 SODIMM

Resources:
http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/aspire-4752g
https://www.datamemorysystems.com/dms-memory/acer/aspire-4752-32354g50mnkk.htm
http://www.memorystock.com/memory/AcerAspire4752GAS4752Gxxx.html

ReplyQuote
 jkey
(@luxjar01)
April 12, 2018 8:05 am  

thanks! 8gb still plenty to me haha and I think it would be enough. I will proceed with the 8gb sodimm and upgrade my cpu. hehe.
have you disabling the ASPM for your port? it should look like this 

the variable is "0xE3" is my ASPM for my pcie port 2 (where the egpu attached). soin grub;

grub> setup_var 0xE3 0x0

and enter

then

grub> reboot

done!

ReplyQuote
burnok
(@burnok)
April 12, 2018 8:53 am  

I haven't. Could you link me also the adapter you are using? PCE16P NO3 v006c

ReplyQuote
 jkey
(@luxjar01)
April 12, 2018 9:13 am  

Check out this link 

https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/us7-50-generic-mpcie-egpu-adapter/

ReplyQuote
 jkey
(@luxjar01)
April 12, 2018 9:14 am  

I’m goin to test out the egpu exp gdc v8 with gtx 1060 6gb to find out if there is any issue with the latest nvidia drivers. Wish me luck!!!

will update later

ReplyQuote
burnok
(@burnok)
April 12, 2018 10:36 am  

Purchase one of the USB 3.0 PCI-E Express 1xto16x Extender Riser Card from the link you gave nd top it with a 1M USB 2.0 5p from the link below.

Was checking it the risers used in mining was the same but seems the connector to the mPCIE is different so I went with the provided link. Thanks!

Now it's a waiting game.

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/ugreen-usb-20-a-male-to-5-pin-mini-b-fast-data-charger-cable-for-mp3-mp4-players-tablets-gps-digital-camera-hdd-1m-intl-i5942968-s7528391.html -

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin
April 12, 2018 10:46 am  

@burnok, be sure to grab a USB 3.0 spec cable for the PCE164P-N03 mPCIe eGPU adapter.  They're specced to carry Gen2 traffic.  There's plenty of examples of them in the thread:

https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/us7-50-generic-mpcie-egpu-adapter/

The USB 2.0 cable you linked is not specced for Gen2 5Ghz transmission frequency so may be unreliable there.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table    •    Several builds
2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 M1000M + macOS 10.14 & Win10

ReplyQuote
burnok
(@burnok)
April 12, 2018 10:51 am  
Posted by: nando4

@burnok, be sure to grab a USB 3.0 spec cable for the PCE164P-N03 mPCIe eGPU adapter.  They're specced to carry Gen2 traffic.  There's plenty of examples of them in the thread:

The USB 2.0 cable you linked is not specced for Gen2 5Ghz transmission frequency so may be unreliable there.

Oh ok, I will check again. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
 jkey
(@luxjar01)
April 12, 2018 10:57 am  

Great!!! Now I just got my Notebook docking gtx 1060 6gb using exp gdc v8 with dell da2 psu. Installing the latest drivers from nvidia 391.35. The egpu boot still bypass the bios-boot-crash with the delay button turn off. Bad news I encounter “error 43” and reboot the system again to see if it change anything but still get the “error 43” with nvidia 391.35 drivers. Hmm

ReplyQuote
 jkey
(@luxjar01)
April 12, 2018 12:15 pm  

Update!!!

I manage to get the 391.35 drivers running perfectly fine on my gtx 1060 6gb using the exp gdc v8. This card is a beast even running on internal display still give plenty juice. 

ReplyQuote
 jkey
(@luxjar01)
April 17, 2018 8:13 am  

hey @burnok,

Just a quick question. Did you upgrade your notebook processor or it was the come in stock with the i7 2670qm? cause I'm planning on upgrading my cpu to i7 quad core aswell.

ReplyQuote
burnok
(@burnok)
April 17, 2018 8:37 am  

@nando4 The vendor has just replied and yes, it doesnt support Gen2 5Ghz transmission. I'll just buy the one link from the thread. Thanks a lot.

ReplyQuote
burnok
(@burnok)
April 17, 2018 8:38 am  

hey @burnok,

Just a quick question. Did you upgrade your notebook processor or it was the come in stock with the i7 2670qm? cause I'm planning on upgrading my cpu to i7 quad core aswell.

It was the default configuration of the Laptop when I bought it. Just upgraded it from 4gb to 16gb Ram max. And upgraded the HDD from 320gb to 1TB at that time.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2 Next