8GB RAM

Win10

eGPU Gear

EXP GDC 8.0 adapter

GTX960 video card (originally HD6950)

430W Seasonic PSU

DIY eGPU Setup 1.35

Observations

Before the egpu, i had 55-80 fps in csgo on 1024x768 on the lowest settings. and 15 fps on Rocket Leauge on the highest settings (1920x1080 also). when i connect my old gpu (AMD 6950 2GB), i had 90 fps in rocket leauge (pretty amazing) and 100-160 fps in csgo on the same settings.i wanted more fps so i can buy 144hz but when i now brought a new card 960 gtx, unfortunately i have the same fps like it was with the 6950. probably the cpu is causing the problem (bottleneck), because even when im on high and low settings, csgo fps is the same.

When i first connected everything together i had error 12 where I created a 2570P DSDT override + Setup 1.35 56.25GB PCI compaction described here to fix. I  also made the EXP GDC V8 work only after 7 seconds when the laptop coming on cause otherwise it will give black screen, so u need to put it with delay. (theres a switch on the EXP GDC, that u can put delay from 0 seconds (default option), to 7 seconds, and to 14 seconds..)

btw im using external monitor, and i had a little problem when i plugged the new 960 gtx card, my pc had some serious lagging. i felt like the ram was on 100% usage (it wasn't), so Nando tried to help me to fix this and after few hours we managed to fix it by disabling Intel Graphics in the Device Manager.

Thats pretty much it, I hope i helped someone 🙂

3dmark06=20825

Video

Photos

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

nando4 and Yukikaze liked
ReplyQuote
WolfFX
(@wolffx)
March 28, 2017 1:42 am  

Thanks for telling your story 🙂

I'm finishing my research here on egpu.io and will probably order my adapter today, for a HP Probook 6470b.

Since it's similar to yours I hope I can get it to work! Will be posting my experience as well!

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
hamgammon
(@hamgammon)
April 28, 2017 10:35 am  

I too have this system and recently set up mine as per the OP's helpful post.

System

12″ HP Elitebook 2570P

i7-3520M 2.9Ghz CPU (dual-core)

16GB RAM

Windows 10 Pro

eGPU Gear

EXP GDC 8.0 adapter (with 7 Sec Delay)

Asus GTX960 video card

DIY eGPU Setup 1.35

Made my own DSDT files.

Notes on Setup

When I first connected everything together, nothing worked. Laptop lights came on but no screen output at all. I set the delay on the EXP GDC to 7 secs and the laptop would then boot to Windows. Facing error 12 I got DIY Setup 1.35 and the DSDT files linked in the above post. Setup 1.35 and using the above 56.25GB PCI compaction described here along with DSDT files from the repository caused my laptop to blue screen on every boot.

I then used the these instructions to make my own DSDT files and its working perfectly.

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote