2012 12" HP Elitebook 2570P + [email protected] (EXP GDC 8.4D) + Win10 [Light_from_the_sun]  

RSS

Light_from_the_sun
(@light_from_the_sun)
March 24, 2018 7:52 pm  

System Specs: Elitebook 2570p, 12.5', i7 3520m (2c 4t), intel HD4000, windows 10, 

eGPU Hardware: EXP GDC V8.4D Expresscard, Dell DA-2 psu

Pictures: I'll add these in the future

Installation steps: 

• Perform intel dstd override, easy to follow guide on this site. ESSENTIAL
  • Set EXP GDC to 15 second delay and power always on using the little switches on the left.
  • Put gpu in, connect 6 pin on EXP GDC to GPU.
  • A: Plug in expresscard to laptop, but do not plug the HDMI end into the EXP GDC
  • B: Boot laptop, spam esc to go to bios etc settings
  • C: Plug in HDMI to EXP GDC and retun to startup
  • Windows should boot but gpu won't work yet
  • Install driver from here
  • Shut down
  • Repeat A B and C again (also have your display plugged in)
  • Hopefully it should now work!

Benchmarks: None yet sorry, but I was getting 60fps mix of Nightmare/ultra/high on Doom 2016.

Comments: My Dell DA-2 is super loud under load, electrical clicking sound. Any ideas why its doing this?
Sorry I don't have more pics/benchmarks. Trying to focus on studies lol.

Also it says test mode on the bottom right of my screen since doing the dstd override. How can I remove this?

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin
March 25, 2018 12:50 am  

Thank you for your implementation guide. Please do add consider adding more to bring your gear to life.

Also it says test mode on the bottom right of my screen since doing the dstd override. How can I remove this?

Your cited DSDT override link explains how to remove test mode. Here it is in case you missed it:
https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/fix-dsdt-override-to-correct-error-12/#step2

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table    •    Several builds
2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 M1000M + macOS 10.14 & Win10

ReplyQuote
sarmii
(@sarmii)
July 7, 2018 1:30 pm  

you can help me? i have this message when i start my pc and when I plug the HDMI to the EXP GDC the screen turns white and need restart 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Wireless Module not supported"

The System has detected that a Wireless module installed in the system is not supported and disabled it.

WWAN Module ID (703)

ENTER - Continue Startup  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System Specs: 
Elitebook 2570p, 12.5', i5 3210m (2c 4t), intel HD4000, windows 10 
external graphic gtx 560

pls help me 🙁

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote