2011 17" HP ENVY 17t-2100 [2nd,4C,Q] + GTX 1050 Ti @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC 8.4)...

Notifications
Clear all

2011 17" HP ENVY 17t-2100 [2nd,4C,Q] + GTX 1050 Ti @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win7 [Plastixx]  

of  7
  RSS

chenkiong
(@chenkiong)

everywhere

error 43 everywhereeee. 

hi, if i use 2gb ram can i solve the rror 43? since it can boot directly not need hotplug

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Yukikaze
(@yukikaze)
Prominent Member Moderator

Posted by: chenkiong

error 43 everywhereeee. 

hi, if i use 2gb ram can i solve the rror 43? since it can boot directly not need hotplug

chinkiong, he did not solve the issue with code 43 and the GTX1050, and he is not using a GTX1050 (he switched to a GTX960, and the an AMD RX480). To the best of my knowledge, there is no solution for Code 43 on a GTX1050 or 1050Ti running on mPCIe. Your best bet is to return the card and trade it for an AMD RX460 which has similar performance and does not run into Code 43 errors.

Want to output 4K@60Hz out of an old system on the cheap? Read here.
Give your Node Pro a second Thunderbolt3 controller for reliable peripherals by re-using a TB3 dock (~50$).

"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."- Robert A. Heinlein, "Time Enough for Love."

2020 14" Lenovo ThinkBook Yoga 14s [11th,4C,G] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AKiTiO Node Pro) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
DavidC
(@davidc)

Posted by: Plastixx

Received a MSI RX 480 Gaming X 4GB in the mail today. After jumping through a few hoops with Setup I finally got it working.

Was getting error 12 and after playing around with DSDT override and Setup options I finally got it to work. Strangely I didn't need the DSDT override or compaction, I had to first retrain the link which set it to Gen1, then I had to set it to Gen2 again. That's the only thing that would work. If I did compaction with the DSDT override it would still work, but the system would crash when waking from sleep. Good thing I didn't need it because that would have been a deal breaker.

Haven't spent much time with it yet, but there's a noticeable improvement over the 960. Nearly a 20FPS increase in GTAV with the same settings used on the 960. With all settings maxed (MSAA off) at 1080P I'm averaging around 50FPS (never goes below 40FPS and goes as high as 80FPS at times). I'm anxious to try Watch Dogs 2 as the 960 struggled badly with that game, but it's in the middle of a 8.98GB update download.

I really wanted to compare the bandwidth usage between the 960 and 480. That info is completely gone in AB, HWiNFO64, and HWMonitor with the 480. Strange.

The MSI Gaming App refuses to install for me which kind of sucks. I'd like to turn these horrendous LEDs off.

Hi, Plastixx.  Can you go into a bit more detail about "jumping through a few hoops with Setup"?  I am running a GTX 1060 6GB card with 272.70 driver but considering exchanging if for and RX480 so that I can use the latest driver.  Also why did you get the 4GB card instead of the 8GB card?  Is it only budget reason?  I am not familiar with the Gen1 vs Gen2 either.  I am running a Lenovo G510 using the mPCI-e Beast. I understand that the RX card will not support the internal LCD, which is a deal breaker for some.  Thanks for your help.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
FunkyMike
(@funkymike)

Ello Plastixx,

Have you made any improvements to your setup since you have got it up and running?

Any interesting developments?

ReplyQuote
Plastixx
(@plastixx)
Trusted Member

Time to say goodbye to the eGPU life. A few days ago the system started crashing when waking from sleep (only with eGPU attached and powered). Switching to my W10 install on a different SSD has the same results, so it has to be a hardware problem. My keyboard also started acting up a few days before that. Sometimes it will type double "b" or "n" and sometimes those keys plus a few others won't work at all, and then randomly start working again. I've wasted way too much time trying to figure it out.

I feel a little sick for spending the money, but I just purchased components for a desktop build (my first in 10 years or so)...

Ryzen 5 1600

GIGABYTE GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 motherboard

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz

VIVO 24K 650W 80+ GOLD Modular Power Supply

Corsair CC-9011086-WW Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid-Tower Case

Total damage: a little over 600USD :/

My laptop will be relegated to "blu-rays in bed" duty.

2011 17" HP ENVY 17t-2100 [2nd,4C,Q] + GTX 1050 Ti @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win7 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Klemen Krajnik
(@klemen_krajnik)

Hey, I only have one question for you, I know you stopped trying to make this work. I have the same bios as your hp and I was wondering how you managed to remove the whitelist? Do you by any chance still have the modded bios file?

ReplyQuote
phanith
(@phanith)

Posted by: Plastixx

Being at a dead end with this code 43 hot-plug problem, I was bored and decided to try and mod the 372.70 drivers. I modded nv_dispi.inf and also added the relevant info to ListDevices.txt (not sure if that was needed or not). I really had no hope of it actually working, but check out the attached image. Smile

There's one small problem right now though. I was running some of the tests in GPU Caps Viewer and when I ran "Furry Cube" the cube showed for a couple of seconds and then an error message popped up saying something about the device not being removable. It's strange that test crashed the driver but the Vulkan test ran perfectly at 180FPS (pic in next post). My power supply is barely adequate, so that might be the problem. It's just some random 12V 5A line-lump I had laying around that just happened to have the correct size barrel plug.

I need to do more testing, but I'm just thrilled that this proves my laptop even works with an eGPU setup.

System Specs:

HP ENVY 17t-2100 CTO 3D

i7-2860QM

16GB PC3-12800

Modded bios F.1C (no hot-plug options)

GPU/Adapter Specs:

EVGA GTX 1050 Ti SC GAMING 4GB

EXP GDC BEAST 8.4d mPCI-e

12V 5A barrel plug (need to find a better supply)

IDIDIT

i still can't get it, I my Evga GTX1050ti just come yesterday and after setup driver i get the same problem like you but after see you comment i try to download older driver  372.70 drivers  but can't install, it was shown no device to install, i checked the list ListDevices.txt  there is no GTX1050ti unless I install newer driver, please help or give me detail about this device 

System Specs:

Gateway NE572

i7-4510u

16GB PC3-12800

GPU/Adapter Specs:

EVGA GTX 1050 Ti SC GAMING 4GB

EXP GDC BEAST 8.4d mPCI-e

12V 8A barrel plug  

ReplyQuote
 of  7