2016 15" MacBook Pro (RP450) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core) + W...

Notifications
Clear all

2016 15" MacBook Pro (RP450) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core) + Win10 [Alec]  

of  4
  RSS

GuideOfGalaxy
(@guideofgalaxy)
Trusted Member

o there is a Guide already on how to get the razer core working with the macbook pro 15 inch since Alec was too lazy to make one I found one that was already done

https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/5a6z8s/my_experience_with_the_new_13_mbp_and_the_razer/

2016 15" MacBook Pro (RP455) [6th,4C,H] + RX 5600 XT @32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 10.15.3 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Alec
 Alec
(@alec)
Trusted Member

Yes, gaming on the GTX 1080 has definitely made me lazy. 😀

A full guide is now up. Let me know if it works or needs any tweaks.

2016 15" MacBook Pro (RP450) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
GuideOfGalaxy
(@guideofgalaxy)
Trusted Member

That Guide will work with any thunderbolt 3 eGPU I would say not just the razer Core.

I may try this with the BizonBox 3 with my macbook pro 2016 15 inch when it arrives at the moment the bizonbox 3 thunderbolt 3 egpu only support Mac OS on the 15 inch model but I think this guide will allow windows to work with it as well.

But good guide.

2016 15" MacBook Pro (RP455) [6th,4C,H] + RX 5600 XT @32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 10.15.3 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
demon151
(@demon151)

Hi everyone

I'm the new user of macos and now i'm planning to buy a macbook pro 13" late 2016 with touchbar for work and mac enviroment but i'm concern that does the razer core will work on bootcamp windows10 ???? Just plug and play or some technique ???

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
wwpokenet
(@wwpokenet)

Hey, Alec. I have an mbp with pro 460. Every time after I run the Apple_os_set.efi and then booting into windows will be failed. I think if it has something about the version of windows ? What's your windows version ? Do you have any suggestions?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Bryant129
(@bryant129)

This might be a noobie question, so I apologize but how do I install rEFInd on MacOS

ReplyQuote
Alec
 Alec
(@alec)
Trusted Member

Posted by: wwpokenet

Hey, Alec. I have an mbp with pro 460. Every time after I run the Apple_os_set.efi and then booting into windows will be failed. I think if it has something about the version of windows ? What's your windows version ? Do you have any suggestions?

Did you follow all the previous steps?

2016 15" MacBook Pro (RP450) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Alec
 Alec
(@alec)
Trusted Member

Posted by: Bryant129

This might be a noobie question, so I apologize but how do I install rEFInd on MacOS

Just download the program files and run refind-install.

ReplyQuote
wwpokenet
(@wwpokenet)

Yes. I found that before I install bootcamp drivers I can easily use apple_set_os.efi and boot into Windows. But things go wrong after I installed bootcamp drivers. 

I also noticed that after I run the efi and boot into Windows, installing bootcamp drivers(particularly the AMD graphics drivers) would be failed, which led to black screen and reboot. 

ReplyQuote
Creativity
(@creativity)

I'm also having issues with booting into windows with efi loaded so I booted windows under safe mode then I installed the iGPU drivers. However, I can't seem to boot again after enabling iGPU using GPU switcher. My MacBook is with 2.7 GHz with 455

ReplyQuote
 of  4