Late-2013 15" Macbook Pro Retina Iris Pro + RX 580 [email protected] (Sonnet Breakaway Box via TB3>TB2 Adapter) + macOS10.13.6 & Win8.1 [xBattleFreakx]  

RSS

xBattleFreakx
(@xbattlefreakx)
July 22, 2018 10:29 am  

Foreword:

Here I want to share my success story to help who is in a similar system like mine and is undecided. A big thank you to all who develop this community! I would not be able to have this system unless there were such things as goalque, theitsage and nando4 among others. Mac OS was as simple as Windows. First I installed Win10, but later decided to use Win 8.1. Here's a word later. I decided to buy an RX 580 because Apple officially supports it in High Sierra, and while I could not run it on Windows, I always had to be able to use it in macOS.

System Configuration:

• Macbook Pro 15“ Late 2013, 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7
  • Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
  • Radeon RX 580 8192 MB
  • Sonnet Breakaway Box 350
  • TB3>TB2 Adapter
  • External Screen

MacOS:

• macOS 10.13 or higher
  • Follow this guide
  • All applications Photoshop, Capture One, Final Cut etc. run smoothly with RX 580 on my Apple Cinema

Bootcamp:

I have Bootcamp on an external hard drive (Samsung SSD T3 256GB), since I have only 256 GB of internal memory.

At the beginning I tried to install Win10 and start with reFind. Boot and RX 580 work in Win10, but with error 12. After boot, PCI ports must be disabled, restart and PCI ports activated. Hope the error 12 is gone. Now and then it comes to the activation of the PCI ports of the service hangs. Several boots are needed to handle bug 12.

Should anyone here have a solution to the problem, just write in the comment. I would be very happy. Thank you!

Since I have not got the problem with Win10 under control, I decided for Win8.1. After drivers for RX 580 have been installed, the RX580 will work for boot. No error 12 more.

Next test, mojave Beta 3 and RX 580

excuse me for my bad english

greetings

Late 2015 15" Macbook Pro Iris Pro + RX 580 [email protected] (Sonnet Breakaway 350 via TB3 to TB2 adapter) macOS 10.13.6 + Win8.1

ReplyQuote
(@mat_d)
August 13, 2018 2:33 pm  

Hiii Dude,

Kiss from France to Germany 😉

I appreciate your explanation about your installation.

I have a mbp mid-2012 , I found this very  very top offer, so I am trying to undertsand everything, my aim is to play game on windows .
So I have to : 

- Buy an adapter tunderbold 2->3 (59E by apple) 
- Buy a thunderborld 2 cable (male/male , ~30E)
- Buy the eGPU (nvida 1060)

My question for you are, is your installation like this (adapter, cable , egpu ?) and is it suitable for playing ?(I am afraid that the adapter and cable will loose data or create problems). I am a little scared about the nvidia/macbook/bootcamp-windows 

Ps: I am developper, hope we will be able to help each other 🙂

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Rycco
(@rycco)
Reputable Member
August 13, 2018 5:31 pm  
Posted by: Mat D

Hiii Dude,

Kiss from France to Germany 😉

I appreciate your explanation about your installation.

I have a mbp mid-2012 , I found this very  very top offer, so I am trying to undertsand everything, my aim is to play game on windows .
So I have to : 

- Buy an adapter tunderbold 2->3 (59E by apple) 
- Buy a thunderborld 2 cable (male/male , ~30E)
- Buy the eGPU (nvida 1060)

My question for you are, is your installation like this (adapter, cable , egpu ?) and is it suitable for playing ?(I am afraid that the adapter and cable will loose data or create problems). I am a little scared about the nvidia/macbook/bootcamp-windows 

Ps: I am developper, hope we will be able to help each other 🙂

I have a 13' mbp 2013 and the sonnet breakaway with the cables u mentioned. The setup is great for gaming! I can assure 😀 Go crazy!

mid-2017 15" Macbook Pro RP555 + [email protected] (Mantiz Venus) + macOS & Win10

ReplyQuote
(@mat_d)
August 14, 2018 7:16 am  

hi @Rycco , I am not sure to understand, my MBP mid-2012 came only with a thunderbold2 port female and the eGPU has a  thunderbold 3 female. + thunderbold 3. male.

So I think I need first to put this adapter to the eGPU, then to link the adapater to my macbook with this cable, could I missed something?

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote