2016 15" MacBook Pro (RP450) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus...

Notifications
Clear all

2016 15" MacBook Pro (RP450) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.12.4 [itsage]  

of  3
  RSS

lukicharms
(@lukicharms)
Eminent Member

My internal display in MacOS is flickering on and off after successfully running the automate gpu script. My 2016 Macbook 15" 455, recognizes the my GTX 1080Ti and external monitor is working. I noticed the internal display starts flickering on an off after about 3-5 min in. Another thing to note is that when I run the Heaven benchmark its runs on my external display, but with my AMD 455 iGPU instead. Im running MacOS Sierra 10.12.4 I also disabled csrutil.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

I noticed the screen flashes when I tried the GTX 1080 Ti back in April. I think it's something related to the beta drivers.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 15" ASUS TUF Dash F15 [11th,4C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 // my 3rd RTX 3080 build [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

Posted by: Eightarmedpet

I can't help with the other points but I have read that connecting peripherals to the USB ports on eGPUs often results in problems... (laggy, disconnection etc). I mostly read that reg the Razer Core so not sure about Mantiz but might be the same?

Mantiz Venus doesn't have that issue Unless:

1. XPS 9350 Half bandwidth + H2D hunger gfx ( Such as r9 Fury stuff )

2. Logitech 2.4G wireless adapter Mouse + some metal enclosure Laptop ( Laptop TB3 Port EMI noise ) 

Besides these 2, everything works fine.

For Razer Case, it was previous unstable FW issue, there was a fix for that and the issue was gone.

Mantiz: ● ●

ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

Posted by: peshay

I just became my Mantiz Venus today and put in a MSI GTX 980ti Seahawk. It's recognised by macOS, so driver installation and all this worked well. But maybe someone can help me with some issues:

- if I close my MacBook Pro, the internal screen stays active, while I actually want to work with the external screen only

- I am not sure how I can force for example StarCraft to run with this graphic card. While running it on my external display, the mouse was really laggy the higher I put the graphic settings. Maybe I should attach my USB directly to the MacBook? I also thought that such a big GPU could handle the extreme settings in Starcraft, but it's actually pretty bad

- The Fan is pretty noisy, as it has an additional liquid cooling fan, I just put it in the case where it just had space, but I guess thats not really optimal. Any idea how I can optimise the setup to reduce the fan speed/noise?

for the fan noise, please change it to first fan connector. now it is in the 2nd, count it from the left.

ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

Posted by: ed_co

@itsage, have you had the opportunity to try with the latest firmware into the Venus?? Cheers

new FW is on the way, we will publish it soon.

ReplyQuote
Rycco
(@rycco)
Reputable Member

Posted by: QuadX

I have 15" MBPtb with RP460 | Razer Core | GTX 1080. I did TB3 enabler and automate-eGPU script. It detected the GTX1080 and installed 378 webdriver. I reboot after running the script and it's not detecting the GPU. What am I doing wrong?

Hey guys, my mantiz is arriving next week. I'll pair it with a 2017 MBP.  What's the difference exactly between automate-eGPU script and tb3 enabler script? Do I have to run both?

2017 15" MacBook Pro (RP555) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.12.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@Rycco tb3-enabler script is a workaround for Thunderbolt 3 enclosures with the older TI82 controller to communicate with macOS. The Mantiz Venus has the TI83 controller and is fully compatible with macOS. You do not need to use tb3-enabler script.

Once your Mac establishes communication with a Thunderbolt enclosure, automate-eGPU script facilitates eGPU recognition and driver installation so that external graphics can work in macOS.

macOS High Sierra 10.13 has external graphics support and therefore automate-eGPU script should not be used. Goalque wrote and tested it for 10.9 to 10.12 only.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 15" ASUS TUF Dash F15 [11th,4C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 // my 3rd RTX 3080 build [build link]  

Rycco liked
ReplyQuote
BMW2017
(@bmw2017)
Eminent Member

Am I correct, that if you use the Radeon Vega RX 64 you don't need to run scripts with a Mantiz? Only if you go the GTX route?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
 of  3