late-2016 15" Macbook Pro RP460 + NVidia Quadro [email protected] (AKiTiO Node) + macOS-HS [Shawzborne]^  

RSS

Shawzborne
(@shawzborne)
November 26, 2017 1:27 am  

I got everything working except that it is not showing the P4000 listed as the primary graphics card, im using akitiko node +p4000 + 3x hp envy 27s + 2016 15" macbook pro with touch bar fully loaded except 1tb vs 2tb.   High Sierra support was added with:

https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/wip-nvidia-egpu-support-for-high-sierra/

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

FirstAscent and nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
theitsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin
November 29, 2017 4:16 pm  

Very neat setup! We'd love to see the arrangement of all the display together. The reason you don't see P4000 eGPU as primary is due to the MacBook Pro's internal display being the main screen. Go to System Preferences » Displays then drag the Top Bar Menu to one of the HP Envy 27 monitors to set as primary.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

86 external GPU build guides

ReplyQuote
CADpiper
(@cadpiper)
May 27, 2018 3:57 pm  

This interests me a lot since I plan to do something similar (with a P2000 or P4000) if the next MacBook Pro is available with 32GB RAM. However, I'd need to use Windows 10 via BootCamp in order to be able to run AutoCAD Plant 3D. I wonder how many complications that will add.

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote