2016 13" HP Spectre x360 + [email protected] (AKiTiO Node Lite) + Win10 [summarit]  

RSS

summarit
(@summarit)
July 6, 2018 7:25 am  

Hi everyone! Really happy to share my first working, and second-try eGPU setup. I'm so happy it's working finally.

System specs: 

I've got the Late 2016 13" HP Spectre x360. It's the base model I believe. Specs below:
i5-7200
8GB RAM 
256GB Nvme SSD
Intel HD Graphics 620
Windows 10
External 1TB SSD (I hid it behind the eGPU haha.)
I'm running it on the internal display.

eGPU hardware:
I've got an Akitio Note Lite which I purchased from Bizon's (shit company lol) eBay. Works just fine and I'm glad to have such a compact enclosure. 
I use it with an MSI Aero GTX 1050Ti 4GB. I like the design of the card, other than that it's just a run of the mill GTX 1050ti. To make it work I purchased a 120w laptop AC adapter off Amazon. The connector is a little long but it still works fine. I have a USB-C hub which I connect to the spare TB3 Port on the Node Lite, I'm glad to have a few extra ports. 

Hardware pictures:

Installation steps :
Was plug and play for the most part. Stuck the card right in the box, waited for the power supply to show up then it was smooth sailing from there. I've literally had zero problems. 

Comments:
Went through a lot of money and pain to get to here. I sold my beloved PC due to my home situation changing for an eGPU setup. I spent over a grand on an Aorus Gaming Box and Razer Blade Stealth. It ended up not working no matter what I did (the above 97% trick didn't even work). Eventually I gave up and sold it for the Spectre. Got a great deal on it, only $700 Cad. A month and a whole lot more money later I finally have a setup. I'm just happy it's working, and while the dual core CPU holds it back a little, and I'm worried it won't be able to handle Ace Combat 7 which comes out next year, I'm content. I'll happily answer any questions!

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
laccamen
(@laccamen)
September 3, 2018 3:38 pm  

Hi!! I have spectre x360 with I5 8250U...  it will work for you?? 😀

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote