Late 2016 13" HP Spectre x360 + [email protected] -TB2 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + Win10 [krazyazy]^ // 120W AC adapter  

RSS

krazyazy
(@krazyazy)
December 7, 2016 3:20 am  

So after a long hiatus...I'm back.

Weapons of choice:

• 2016 HP Spectre x360 Kaby Lake model
  • Zotac GTX 1050Ti
  • AkiTiO Thunder2 with 120w power supply
  • Apple and Startech TB3<>TB2 adapters

It was pretty smooth sailing, just plug and play. I did run into a Code 12 with the video card, but disabling the HDMI audio controller frees up enough resources to initialize and use the GPU. Results below plus some pics. The tests were done on the internal display (did not have the cables to hook up externally).

3dmark11 - P6842, Graphics - 8322

3dmark Firestrike - 5327, Graphics - 6494

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

nando4 and theitsage liked
ReplyQuote
theitsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin
December 7, 2016 3:38 am  

Nice! Yours eGPU might be one of the first build with the GTX 1050Ti. Do you have photos of the setup to share?

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

86 external GPU build guides

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin
December 7, 2016 4:07 pm  

Here's another just released:

Late 2016 HP Spectre x360 + [email protected] (AKiTiO Thunder3) eGPU implementation by Alan Bostelman

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table    •    Several builds
2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 M1000M + macOS 10.14 & Win10

ReplyQuote
krazyazy
(@krazyazy)
December 7, 2016 5:57 pm  

Nice find! Though, I kinda wanted to make something fully contained within the Thunder2 enclosure hence the 1050ti.

Attached is a photo the general setup. Sorry for the quality.

EDIT: The monitors in the background are connected to my desktop. The laptop and eGPU are only connected to each other.

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Splitframe
(@splitframe)
Eminent Member
December 11, 2016 2:03 am  

Hey krazyazy,

great setup you have there!  Would you consider to post your implementation
on the /r/eGPU subreddit under  https://www.reddit.com/r/eGPU/comments/5hng3m/compendium_of_egpu_implementations/ ?

I would link back to you here of course.
It would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings
Splitframe

ReplyQuote