Setup & Software Discussions
2019 13" HP Spectre X360 [10th, 4C,G] + RTX 2070 Super @32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X...

2019 13" HP Spectre X360 [10th, 4C,G] + RTX 2070 Super @32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X Chroma) + Win10 [Naterade804]  

RSS

Naterade804
(@naterade804)

System specs 

Late 2019 HP Spectre x360, Core i7-1065G7, Iris plus graphics, 16GB-3733MHz RAM, 512GB SSD + Optane, 4k OLED display. Exact config here

eGPU hardware 

Razer Core X Chroma - Standard TB3 cable
MSI RTX 2070 Super
Also tried AMD R9 Fury Nano

Hardware pictures 

Installation steps 

Started with the Core X and a R9 Fury. Plugged in, installed drivers, worked right off the bat. I updated to a XFX AMD Radeon 5700 XT here which was PHYSICALLY too big for the core x. Returned for MSI version here but failed to get it running. No drivers would work or make it switch, constant code 12. Tried DDU and everything else I could think of along with a custom driver. No dice. Returned THAT for finally went  with what I should have to begin with, a MSI 2070 Super. here Once that was installed and drivers updated it was good to go and running great! 

Benchmarks

I'm running this on an external monitor (2560x1080) here and the laptop is sitting on a cooling/fan pad in case things start to heat up. So far everything has stayed super cool, but that could change come summertime. 

Comments

Long story short, avoid AMD with this laptop. Overall very happy with the end result!

This topic was modified 1 week ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

itsage and nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
the88g
(@the88g)

Thanks for posting your setup! I will shortly be receiving this laptop (in the same colour choice as yours - I think the rose gold looking bezel is too much). I recently picked up a GTX 1080 Gigabyte Gaming box for ~£420 off eBay also!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote