2020 13" Razer Blade Stealth (GTX1650Ti) [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Ra...

Notifications
Clear all

2020 13" Razer Blade Stealth (GTX1650Ti) [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X Chroma) + Win10 20H2 // inc Radeon VII & 4xGPU concurrent benchmarks  

of  3
  RSS

itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@ningauble77, Use DDU to remove all Nvidia drivers first and disable Windows auto detect/install of new devices. Then download the latest drivers to manually install when both Nvidia dGPU and eGPU are present in Device Manager. They may show up as Microsoft Basic Display Adapters but as long as you see two, it's good to go.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 Gigabyte Z490 Vision D [10th,8C,K] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Ningauble77
(@ningauble77)
Reputable Member

I did do a full DDU wipe and had them cohabitating, but that was causing the random system freezes while idle or web browsing. I haven't tried this + changing the power management settings in the nvidia control panel because those settings seem to be universal and I didn't want the 1650 ti killing my battery life while using it undocked.

I didn't disable windows driver updates in DDU because Razer doesn't publish drivers for this model on their website, they say all drivers should come from windows update (sortof like how MS does with the surface lineup), so it could prevent me from getting updates for touchpad/wifi etc.  I did notice a week ago that windows update installed an older set of intel drivers than what I was running without prompting.

The current setup with the dgpu disabled when I'm docked is pretty workable, I've been able to hotplug/unplug the laptop and use it docked and undocked with no stability issues.  I still need to sign out and sign back in when I run the egpu in clamshell mode, or the desktop stutters, I am pretty sure this is an Intel issue though (I had similar problems with a 2018 13 inch Macbook Pro).  I will try this all again soon as newer nvidia and intel drivers are available.  It is annoying troubleshooting the freezes because they sometimes take hours to happen.

This post was modified 6 months ago

2019 16 Macbook Pro + Core v2 + Radeon VII MacOS 10.15.1
Core X Chroma + RTX 2080 Windows 10 1909
Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3, Ryzen 5 3400G + Core v2 + Radeon VII Win10 1909

2020 13" Razer Blade Stealth (GTX1650Ti) [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X Chroma) + Win10 20H2 // inc Radeon VII & 4xGPU concurrent benchmarks [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Dustin Stoddart
(@dustin_stoddart)

@ningauble77, I've installed the desktop drivers with and without the egpu connected and it seems to work seamlessly (the 1650 is happy to run on the desktop drivers even without an eGPU connected). I'm using the latest desktop drivers. It's now been a week of running on these drivers, with many plugs + unplugs of the eGPU and there's been no instability or need to reinstall.

Dirty little secret: I didn't even use DDU, nvidia's "clean install" worked fine.

This post was modified 6 months ago

2020 Razer Blade Stealth (1165G7 + GTX 1650Ti Max-Q) + Aorus Gaming Box 1080

ReplyQuote
Ningauble77
(@ningauble77)
Reputable Member

I installed 460.89 notebook with the egpu detached, then extracted the installer files.  I plugged in the egpu and updated drivers from the device manager, pointing at the 460.89 notebook folder.  So far no freezes.  Hot unplug with the nvidia widget and hotplug work, cold boot works too.  Only remaining issues are system stutters on a semi-periodic basis when I have both nvidia gpu's attached, so I still end up having to disable the 1650 ti in device manager while connected, and every time I close the lid and run in clamshell mode I need to sign out and sign back in or the intel drivers cause stuttering on the desktop.  The code 31 errors happen when the dgpu and egpu have different revision drivers installed.  Not sure if the freezes aren't happening due to the newer driver revision or the procedure I used to install them.

Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3, Ryzen 5 3400G + Core v2 + Radeon VII Win10 1909

2020 13" Razer Blade Stealth (GTX1650Ti) [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X Chroma) + Win10 20H2 // inc Radeon VII & 4xGPU concurrent benchmarks [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Blugamer44
(@blugamer44)

I’ve got one of these on the way this week (120hz model). Trying to decide between the Razer Core X Chroma or the Mantiz Saturn Pro II. Have you done any VR gaming with this setup? I’ve got an Oculus Quest 2 that I’m hoping to use with the Stealth + eGPU and either use an official Oculus Link cable, or stream wirelessly via Virtual Desktop.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Ningauble77
(@ningauble77)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @blugamer44

I’ve got one of these on the way this week (120hz model). Trying to decide between the Razer Core X Chroma or the Mantiz Saturn Pro II. Have you done any VR gaming with this setup? I’ve got an Oculus Quest 2 that I’m hoping to use with the Stealth + eGPU and either use an official Oculus Link cable, or stream wirelessly via Virtual Desktop.

Sorry don't have a VR setup here.  Been fairly happy with the Core X Chroma, although the usb ports sometimes error out when re-hotplugging the egpu, I've found disconnecting and reconnecting usually resolves this.  Also I finally gave up and switched the 2080 to max performance mode in the nvidia control panel after a driver update brought the freezes back.  Not had a freeze since.

ReplyQuote
 of  3