2018 13" Lenovo Ideapad 730S [8th,4C,U] + GTX 1650 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Thunder3) + Win10 [jjosez]
January 11, 2020 6:45 pm
Hi, I'm new to this forum, here I found valuable information for my first eGPU project. Greetings from Mexico.
- CPU: Intel Core™ i7-8565U Processor (1.80GHz, up to 4.60GHz with Turbo Boost, 8MB Cache)
- RAM: 16GB LPDDR3 2133MHz
- iGPU: Intel® UHD 620 Graphics
- External Display: TCL 55S405 (55" 4K UHD HDR, Monoprice HDMI cable #15427)
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home 1909
- Enclosure: AKiTiO Thunder3 (Bottom back panel drilled for 4pin miniDIN -> miniFIT-JR adapter)
- GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super ZT-T16510F-10L
- Power Supply: EdacPower Elec. EA11803A-120 / DC Output: 12V 12.5A
- GPU powered by standard 6-pin
- Akitio Thunder3 being powered by direct wire soldered to the female dc input of the akitio board.
- GPU is stable (as in doesn't catch fire after 5 minutes :p) at max load (via GpuTest fur ring burner) with power limit maxed (145W to 217W)
- When the video output is on the external graphics card Windows becomes very slow, my solution was to establish iGPU as default GPU and only use eGPU for specific applications, on envidia panel. (And plug hdmi cable on internal output).
This topic was modified 7 months ago