Setup & Software Discussions
2012 14" Lenovo ThinkPad T420 [2nd,2C,M] + GTX 970 @ 4Gbps-EC2 (EXP GDC 8.x) + ...

2012 14" Lenovo ThinkPad T420 [2nd,2C,M] + GTX 970 @ 4Gbps-EC2 (EXP GDC 8.x) + Win10 [MerahPutih]  

RSS

MerahPutih
(@merahputih)

Topic title = Lenovo ThinkPad T420, 14-inch, intel HD3000 + EXP GDC v8.x expresscard version + Geforce GTX 970 Gaming 4G MSI + 6 pin to (6+8) pin cable + Falcon PSU 450

System specs (Lenovo ThinkPad T420, 14-inch,Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), intel HD3000,  Geforce GTX 970 Gaming 4G MSI)
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.190516-0600)
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: 4236VEH
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

eGPU hardware (Geforce GTX 970 Gaming 4G MSI + 6 to (6+8) pin cable, no customization)

Hardware info

Installation steps
I just followed manual guide that's provided by exp gdc, artikel from this forum and some tutorial on youtube. At first attempt, I tried to install it on my laptop with SSD western 500 gigs and 16 gigs ram windows 7, sometimes worked and some didn't and blue screen appeared. I upgraded my windows to 10, it's been working better for few hours, then blue screen started again. Downgrade the ram to 8, 4, 2 didn't work for me, downgrade my windows to 7 again, tried with different ram size didn't work either.

I installed back my old hitachi 320 gigs, with pair 2 gigs ram, connect the egpu, installed all laptop driver, updated it, updated windows (didn't install driver for gtx yet) let it for one or two hours, restarted the computer, after restart I found nvidia driver has been installed in my computer, I wasn't sure did I do that or not, was so sleepy (my guess it was windows auto update, have any of you ever experienced this? because I always turn my auto update of). I tried and it worked with 4 gigs of ram, after that I put 4+4 gigs ram and still working.

Almost forgot, I use my laptop monitor, no external. Left ATX and PTX on EXP GDC off, direct supply from psu not from EXP GDC module.

Well, it's working this time. I hope you can see screenshot from my screen, not sure how to post it, new to egpu and new member to this forum, still don't have button to upload images

Benchmarks

Comments

still trying to install game

This topic was modified 5 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote