late-2014 Mac Mini 1.4Ghz + RX480-8GB@16Gbps-TB2 (Rocketstor RS6361A) + macOS10.12.4&Win10 [MacFreekDotKext]^
I am running Windows build 16193 (Redstone 3) on a portable SSD as Windows to go. And macOS Sierra 10.12.4.
Windows to Go was created using EasyUEFI's wintousb program.
I have previously used Windows 8.1 to success and 10 which needed DSDT override. I tried flashing my RX 480 to RX 580 which was successful, though wasn't stable and caused my card driver to crash oftwn, and the performance increase was abysmal with absolutely no other benefits gained from the flash.
This is a guide on how i get Windows 16193 working successfully with RX 480:
1. Leave Thunderbolt cable unplugged from Mac before turning it on.
2. Press option to load Windows to go Portable SSD Windows 10 16193 build.
3. Enter DIY eGPU Setup 1.35 with iGPU connected only. Configure it as:
- Press 3 to enter Menu based setup
- PCI Compaction 》 Legacy mode checked 》 Closeunusedbridges checked 》 ignore none 》 Endpoint 》 56.25GB-36bit 》 Run compact 》 iGPU 》 force iGPU to 32-bit
- Chainload mbr
- Select Windows 10 from OS selection menu
- As soon as the Windows logo comes up hotplug eGPU. When OS is about to load up, change display output to Displayport.
Every time you want this do be done automatically, reboot into DIY eGPU Setup 1.35 and hit ENTER (or allow 10s countdown to do it for you) on the default option 2 "automated startup via startup.bat".
Use paperclip trick to get PSU turned on without motherboard.
Two molex connectors from psu to rocketstor 6361a molex connections. To give power to 6361a motherboard
8 Pin pcie connectors to GPU. And chassis bent to fit RX 480
Modified back of chassis to allow Displayport connection into GPU while GPU can be screwed firm into chassis