2015 13" MacBook Pro [5th,2C,U] + RX 5600 XT @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (AKITiO Node) + ma...

Notifications
Clear all

2015 13" MacBook Pro [5th,2C,U] + RX 5600 XT @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + macOS 10.15.4 [bill_v]  

RSS

(@bill_v)

System specs (MacBook Pro 13 Retina early 2015, i5 Broadwell dual core, Intel Iris Graphics 6100, Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.4)

eGPU hardware (AKiTiO Node, PowerColor RX 5600 XT, Apple TB2 cable and Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter)

Hardware pictures (note: require 5+ posts for "attach files" button to appear. Will attach after more posts )

Installation steps (although not required, I conducted a fresh install of Catalina on the MacBook before parts arrived. I ran through the beginners guide ( https://github.com/mayankk2308/purge-wrangler/wiki/Beginne r's-Guide) which had me

1. disable system integrity protection

2. Install purgewrangler and run script

3. plug in node and it works! Super easy.

2015 13" MacBook Pro [5th,2C,U] + RX 5600 XT @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + macOS 10.15.4 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
sQiz
 sQiz
(@sqiz)

Hi, question, this config works with the internal screen, or we need to add external screen? 

You use Final Cut Pro ? this works fine? 

Can you add some benchmark results for Heaven and Valley. 

Thanks !!!

This post was modified 5 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
piracheco
(@piracheco)

@bill_v

Can you give us some benchmarks from some games?

Is it Works on Windows too?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro retina 2015

ReplyQuote