2019 15" MacBook Pro (RP555X) [8th,6C,H] + RX 580 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Sonnet Breakaway 350) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 1903 [oryfox]
15" Internal Retina Display (2880x1800)
Intel Core i7-9750H --> 6 Cores, 2,6Ghz (4,5 Turbo Boost)
iGPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
dGPU: Radeon Pro 555
macOS: Simply plug the eGPU into any port with the included TB3 cable and enjoy! (hot-plug and cold-plug possible, but cold-plug won't display FileVault login screen on external screen)
I even tested Catalina beta from different volume and worked without any problem, even on old MBP which needed purge-wrangler
1. I choose the latest version of Windows 10 (Build 1903) and installed it via BootCamp.
2. Updated all Windows Updates available.
3. Downloaded the newest (August) drivers from https://www.bootcampdrivers.com
4. Booted into safe mode and ran DDU to uninstall any AMD Drivers installed by BootCamp. (Choose clean and restart in DDU)
5. After (automatic) restart simply installed the drivers with Setup.exe included in the downloaded Zip.
6. eGPU will cause Code 12 Error when hot-plugging but cold-plug works without any problem.
I choose a Radeon Gpu because you don't need to install any drivers on macOS to get it to work.
On my old Mac (MBP 15" Late 2013 iGPU) it worked in macOS after installation of purge-wranger script, hot and cold plug, as well. Catalina Beta worked as well.
Windows worked, too, after update 1903 and just with Microsoft standard drivers.