2020 14" MECHREVO S3 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Super @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X) + ...

Notifications
Clear all

2020 14" MECHREVO S3 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Super @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X) + Win10  

RSS

Ryan Zeelie
(@ryan_zeelie)

Hey! I wanted to share my l setup purchased in China. It's a Mechrevo S3 11th i7 gen laptop and it's performing extremely well considering the price. 

eGPU

Computer

• MechRevo S3 
  • 11th Gen Intel 11657g
  • 14" FHD IPS 100% sRGB
  • 16gb DDR 4
  • Intel Iris Xe
  • Nvme 512gb
  • Orico External 2x SSD 

So I was shopping around for a decent 11th gen laptop and could not find anything that was well priced. I eventually picked up this mechrevo S3.

I was previously using the Razer Blade stealth early 2019 i7 8565u but found the performance underwhelming. Using the Razer, you'd have the GPU spinning at max speed during boot. This Mechrevo seems extremely well optimized for EGPUs. A split second of GPU revving up when booting and it takes less than a second to identify and turn on the second monitor when hot-swapping. Overall I must say that I am extremely impressed with the results. When viewing the Thunderbolt Control Center, I do not see the device nor does it ask me to validate it. It just works and shows up in Device manager. 

I'm Using throttle stop to disable and enable to CPU boost clock in specific games.  I have not needed to use the boost clock and have maintained 60fps in almost all games.

Assassins Creed Valhalla - 1080p Medium/High - 55-65 FPS

Escape from Tarkov - 1080p Low/Medium - 80-90 FPS

CyberPunk 2077 - 1080P Medium Preset no DLSS no Ray Tracing - 78-90FPS. ( Lows in populated areas around 55FPS ) 

CyberPunk 2077- 1080p Ultra Preset / Ray tracing / DLSS on performance - 45-55 FPS ( Lows in populated areas around 35 FPS ) 

PUBG - 1080p - Low - 120FPS ( I capped it at 120FPS) 

Build Pictures :  (see first pic)

BenchMarks: All on External Monitor ( HKC 27inch 144hz ) 

Aida CPU

Aida CPU info

Aida GPU

Aida gpgu

FireStrike 3D Mark

FS

Valley 

Heaven

Cuda Z

Cuda Z

Control Center

TB

Installation Steps:

Slotted the GPU into the Razer Core, Plugged it into the laptop, Installed Nvidia drivers and away we sailed.

The only thing I needed to change was setting the LSPM to OFF in the advanced power options. This stopped lagging on the dekstop.

Comments:

Overall I'm extremely impressed with the results. I purchased this setup because I plan to move once things settle down. Didn't want to drag a desktop around with me and wanted a one PC solution. 

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. 

2020 14" MECHREVO S3 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Super @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Photos accompanying your build plus other snippets as per build template would be appreciated.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M.2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance inc unoptimized H-CPU BIOS [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Ryan Zeelie
(@ryan_zeelie)

@nando4, Sure! I will do it tonight! Thanks!

2020 14" MECHREVO S3 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Super @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
hungsu
(@hungsu)

Chiming in to say I too would appreciate a photo or two of your setup, @ryan_zeelie Smile

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Ryan Zeelie
(@ryan_zeelie)

@hungsu, I Will get on it as soon as possible! 

ReplyQuote
Ryan Zeelie
(@ryan_zeelie)

@hungsu, All done!

ReplyQuote
hungsu
(@hungsu)

Thank you! What an interesting little laptop! And thanks for the benchmarks of Cyberpunk! Smile

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
SupermanNr1
(@supermannr1)

Hi,

looks very nice. Can you tell me about the cinebench benchmarks of that cpu and does it get loud?

Best regards

Jonas

ReplyQuote