2015 15" MacBook Pro [4th,4C,H] + RX Vega 56 @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Razer Core X) + m...

Notifications
Clear all

2015 15" MacBook Pro [4th,4C,H] + RX Vega 56 @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 10.15.1 [revstate]  

of  3
  RSS

itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@revstate Amazing to have that kind of speed for a relatively affordable cost. Enjoy your 2015 15" MacBook Pro!

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
lkhy
 lkhy
(@lkhy)

@revstate

I am new to this forum.  I own a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) without discrete internal graphic card.   I am using Catalina 10.15.2.  I want to follow your steps to attach an eGPU.  But when I follow the instruction to go to the link PurgeWrangler and press "download", it opens up a blank page and nothing happen.  I didn't find any PurgeWrangler.sh there.  Is the site temporarily stop responding, or I missed something?   Can you help? 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Noble Member

@lkhy

PurgeWrangler page seems to be fine. There is no download button. Instead, click the "Get purge-wrangler.sh" link which leads to the git hub page.
https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/script-enable-egpu-on-tb1-2-macs-on-macos-10-13-4/
https://github.com/mayankk2308/purge-wrangler/blob/master/README.md

Copy the command there that starts with "curl " and paste it into Terminal.app.

Mac mini (2018), Mac Pro (Early 2008), MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Sonnet Echo Express III-D, Trebleet Thunderbolt 3 to NVMe M.2 case

ReplyQuote
lkhy
 lkhy
(@lkhy)

@joevt

thx so much.  I think it was my ad blocker blocked the page from loading.  I can see the page in my iPad but in my mac.   will try later.  thx again.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Mac legacy
(@mac-legacy)

@itsage

Hi there, I also own a almost same macbookpro  but with the dgpu - r9 m370x.

I  have succeeded in duo booting mac os -catalina 10. 15.2 thanks for the purgewangler, and windows 10 1903 v1 thanks for the gpu switch from 0xbb and apple_boot.efi, loaded form a usb stick. 

Now I am thinking of letting the linux mint 19.2 to join my macbookpro, do you happen to know that there is a specific post that had figured the triple boot out?

ps: i tried to partition my main disk but failed and since then my mac book does not allow me to partition anymore and says I don't have enough space (I have more than 100Gigs freespace!?). 

🙂

This post was modified 1 year ago

Thunderbolt2 MacBook Pro 11,5 (with r9m370x DGPU)
Successful with:
Sonnet Breakaway Box550 + MSI Rx580 + TB3->TB2 cable

ReplyQuote
orchoidizer
(@orchoidizer)

https://egpu.io/forums/profile/revstate/

Revstate.

Hi, I have exactly the same setup as yourself (apart from I'm on Mojave) and its simply plug and play for the Mac but in Bootcamp I just cant get passed ERROR 12.

Can I ask if you have it working in Bootcamp and would you have any suggestions I could try.

Thanks

Mid 2015 15-inch MacBook Pro Retina (2.2GHz Intel quad Core i7)
Intel Iris Pro Graphics. Thunderbolt 2, High Sierra - Bootcamp Win10 1903 (18362.39)
Razer Core X - Vega 64, Apple TB3 to TB2 Adapter ,- 2m TB2 cable

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@mac-legacy, When I installed elementaryOS, I simply used Disk Utility to add a third volume for Linux. I proceeded by booting off the USB installer and that worked.

@orchoidizer There are two crucial details in solving error 12 in Boot Camp for this 2015 15-in MacBook Pro. You'd need Win10 1903 V1 ISO and stay at 18362.30 to .295. The second piece is automate-eGPU EFI boot loader with the pre-compiled DSDT file.

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
orchoidizer
(@orchoidizer)

@itsage, thank you so much for that guidance

I wonder could you please help me a little more and perhaps point me to the appropriate pre-compiled DSDT file?

I have the automate-eGPU EFI v1.0.5 package and I'm assuming I need to integrate the DSDT file in there somehow.

Could you please explain to me (as if I was a 10yr old) how to do that. (I'm nowhere near as tech savvy as people on here seem to be).

Thanks for your help. I've spent so much money (that I had no right spending), I really NEED to get this to work.

This post was modified 1 year ago

Intel Iris Pro Graphics. Thunderbolt 2, High Sierra - Bootcamp Win10 1903 (18362.39)

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@orchoidizer, Here's our DSDT repository. Look for the Apple_2015-15in_MacBook_Pro zip with the matching configuration as your machine. Unpack, rename the modified-dsdt.aml to dsdt.aml and copy it to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/WINDOWS/ inside the automate-eGPU EFI volume. Here's my build guide for the 2015 15-in MacBook Pro + RX 580 eGPU.

ReplyQuote
orchoidizer
(@orchoidizer)

@itsage, thanks again sir. Your help is so much appreciated. Hope this gets me on my way

ReplyQuote
 of  3