Mid-2015 15" MacBook Pro Iris + [email protected] (Asus XG station 2 via TB3->TB2 adapter) + macOS10.12/ external HDD Windows 10.0.10586 [otagosky]^  

RSS

otagosky
(@otagosky)
April 16, 2017 3:47 pm  

First of all, I have to thank Nando and Goalque.  Without them, we wouldn't able to use eGPU under macOS or Windows 10.  Thank you Nando for your support. 

Implementation on Windows 10:

In order to use under windows 10, it's very tricky in order to solve code 12 error, and I tried most of methods for a month, but I haven't use enable VGA bit yet. Most of them couldn't solve code 12 errors when mac was only connected thunderbolt cable. Since Asus Rog XG station 2 can use extra usb3.0 to accelearate eGPU.  Funny thing is when boot mac with thunderbolt and type B usb cable connected, code error 12 is solved without DSDT.  Steps:

1.Before plug in eGPU and install AMD drivers.  Install " GPUTweak2" and "Hot plug tool 0.0.19" first, this can be download from Asus website. ( Asus Rog XG station 2 firmware must be v23). Shutdown mac.

2.Plug thunderbolt cable to the one close to power, and also type B usb cable to the left usb port, press OPTION to boot external HDD windows 10, and external screen is connected.

3. Install AMD driver, then shutdown windows 10. 

4.Boot into windows 10, success. 

5.put apple_set_os.efi into external HDD EFI/Boot , and renamed to bootx64.efi

6.Now it is able to just use interanl screen, and AMD XConnect show up. 100% success rate without external screen connected.

Implementation on macOS:

just follow https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/automate-egpu-sh-is-reborn-with-amd-polaris-fiji-support-for-macos/   but I am facing some interface lag, weird thing is when macOS back from sleep, the interface lag is gone. 

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ed_co, goalque, enjoy and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
ed_co
(@ed_co)
Reputable Member
April 21, 2017 9:09 am  

Please, photos a videos!! We would like to see more of the Asus one!!

mid-2017 Macbook Pro RP560 + MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming [email protected] (Mantiz Venus) + macOS10.13 & Win10

ReplyQuote