2017 15" MacBook Pro (RP560) [7th,4C,H] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.13.4 & Win10 [CodeBleu]
April 20, 2018 9:04 pm
Please note: This guide is a work in progress. Please don't hesitate to comment below.
- Processor: 3.1GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz, with 8MB shared L3 cache (7920HQ)
- Storage: 2TB PCIe-based onboard SSD
- Memory: 16GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3
- Integrated Graphics Processing Unit: Intel HD Graphics 630 (not made available by Apple EFI to non-macOS operating systems)
- Dedicated Graphics Processing Unit: AMD Radeon Pro 560
- External Graphics Processing Unit Chassis: Mantiz Venus
- External Graphics Processing Unit: AMD Radeon RX Vega 64
- Use the Apple Disk Utility when booting from Recovery -OR- diskpart when using a bootable Windows 10 USB to completely wipe the drive and change the partition scheme to GPT (this will enable you to use BitLocker and FileVault at the same time).
- Use Internet Recovery to install macOS.
- Upgrade macOS to 10.13.4 or later.
- Use the Boot Camp Assistant to install Windows 10 Pro.
- Disable the TPM requirement for BitLocker in Group Policy, then enable BitLocker and allow it to finish encrypting.
- Hold the Option key while restarting to boot back into macOS and enable FileVault and allow it to finish encrypting.
- Return to Windows 10 and download the BootCampDrivers.com package currently available.
- Download the AMD Adrenaline setup program from AMD.
- Disable WiFi and disconnect the MacBook Pro from any other network connections, then reboot Windows into Safe Mode and run the Display Driver Uninstaller.
- Reboot back into Windows normally and run the BootCampDrivers.com setup program.
- Run the AMD Adrenaline setup program and allow it to fail.
- Reboot into Windows, connect the eGPU to the MacBook Pro (make sure the eGPU does not have an active ethernet connection) and use Device Manager to manually install the matching driver it will find from scanning the AMD directory the AMD Adrenaline setup program unpacked for temporary use on the system volume.
- Reboot into Windows.
- Shutdown the MacBook Pro and disconnect it from the eGPU.
- Start Windows and run the BootCampDrivers.com setup program again.
- Reboot into Windows.