Setup & Software Discussions
2018 15" MacBook Pro (RP555) [8th,6C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Stat...

2018 15" MacBook Pro (RP555) [8th,6C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 [itsage]  

of  2
  RSS

(@tiago_ferreira)

@mac_editor thanks for the reply, I'm using a late 2016 macbook pro w/ touchbar, do you think it matters using the left or the right?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Noble Member Moderator

@tiago_ferreira I was just clarifying for the 2018 MBP. I don't think it matters what side you use if it's working for you on the 2016 model either way. Maybe you could test with some benchmarks.

purge-wrangler.shpurge-nvda.shset-eGPU.shautomate-eGPU EFI Installer
2018 MacBook Pro 15" RP560X + Vega 64 (Mantiz Venus MZ-02)

ReplyQuote
(@tiago_ferreira)

I ran a few benchmarks with unigine and the results are really similar, though the right side ports have a bit better performance ~1%.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Alec
 Alec
(@alec)
Trusted Member

Did you ever find a solution to F1 2018 not respecting the profile?

ReplyQuote
(@shitiz_garg)

I have been searching a lot but I'm not sure about a couple of questions:
1. With your hot-pluggable setup, the primary caveat with nVidia cards is to hot-plug it once Windows has booted correct? Can the computer sleep (lid closed) and wake reliably after that?
2. Do you have to completely disable the dGPU for this to work? If I don't have the eGPU with me (I'm on the go or something), then can I just use the Radeon 560 Pro in my MacBook? Mine is the 15" 2017 TouchBar version.

I'm primarily concerned with Windows (bootcamp)'s internal display. 

This post was modified 9 months ago

ReplyQuote
 of  2