2015 15" MSI GE62 6QD (GTX960M) [6th,4C,H] + RX 580 @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG)...

Notifications
Clear all

2015 15" MSI GE62 6QD (GTX960M) [6th,4C,H] + RX 580 @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 [cagalos]  

of  2
  RSS

Guilherme Vilhena
(@guilherme_vilhena)

@cagalos

No, unfortunately this is the only GPU I have since I bought it to build this eGPU system, it is brand new.

I have played with some configs from Radeon Software and realize that some of the changes make the problem be less frequent. For example, I changed the options for the

- Radeon Enhanced Sync

-Surface Format Optimization

-Virtual Super Resolution

-GPU scaling

-HDMI link assurance

The best composition with these options that I found was with the Radeon Enhanced Sync and the Surface Format Optimization both turned on, meanwhile, others were off. This config make the problem less frequent, with a mean of appearance around every 75 seconds (yes, I calculated it with a chronometer). This result was far better than any other setting, which I have played a lot. 

With other combinations, the frequency of the problem had a mean of 20-40 seconds.

I did also a GPU stress, and a test to see power consumption. GPU is working fine, as well as power consumption. 

Meanwhile, I could realize that HWinfo reported errors for the PCI/PCIe bus, and the number of errors was increasing every time the problem comes up. Every time the screen blinked or goes totally dark, I did an alt + tab and checked the number of errors. They pretty much matched. It is like 2 blinks corresponding to + 2 errors reported.

Now I am on the step to find these reported errors on windows (first step to get things neat). If you have any idea, just let me know, every help is welcome.

Edit ----------------

Finally, I have found what probably is causing these errors by the Event Viewer. The complete report of the error is:

"

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Primary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1D:0x0
Secondary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0
Primary Device Name:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A118&SUBSYS_115A1462&REV_F1
Secondary Device Name:

"

I have checked Google on how to prevent this error from coming up again, but I was not successful.

Here is the performance of the eGPU, everything to be very normal...

ainda 64

This post was modified 10 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
cagalos
(@cagalos)

@guilherme_vilhena

Last weekend I updated my drivers to the latest adrenalin 2020 because I wanted to use amd link. It worked good at first, but after a restart everytime I booted up a game my GPU and R43SG turned off. I went back to my old drivers and it worked fine as always. My drivers were adrenalin 2019 from july, I don't remember the exact version right now.

Have you tried with older drivers? 

2015 15" MSI GE62 6QD (GTX960M) [6th,4C,H] + RX 580 @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 [build link]  

AMZMA liked
ReplyQuote
tilchev
(@tilchev)
Eminent Member

Great build! @cagalos, what did you use for building the eGPU case? It seems like some sort of acrylic. Can you provide more info about building the case in general.

2015 15" Dell Latitude E5570 (R7 M370) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1060 @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
cagalos
(@cagalos)

Thanks @tilchev ! About the case, I had a friend of mine try to replicate this acrylic egpu case https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000444404546.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.2f235b3dZTKTlV&algo_pvid=305efe70-1d54-42cb-8d16-cebd555e4ce0&algo_expid=305efe70-1d54-42cb-8d16-cebd555e4ce0-2&btsid=0ab6fa7b15878647009502551e21d7&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Indeed it was acrylic and lasered cut, I don't believe he has the schematics anymore. I could ask him if you wish. At least my version was kind of unstable, so I had to use a lot of tape.

2015 15" MSI GE62 6QD (GTX960M) [6th,4C,H] + RX 580 @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
R G
 R G
(@r_g)

@cagalos, hello there may I ask what model is your board? I wanted to buy R43SG for my MSI GL62 6QE and I don't know if this is compatible with my board. I have Micro International Board.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
cagalos
(@cagalos)

@r_g, hello, do you mean my motherboard? I can see it is from Micro-Star International (MSI). I think the only requisite is just making sure your motherboard has the right m.2 key and I think you do have the right one. See here: https://storage-asset.msi.com/global/picture/faq/[email protected]@faq_01117_en.pdf

ReplyQuote
Rodrigo Miranda
(@rodrigo_miranda)

@guilherme_vilhena, How did you bend your cable or did you cut the case? 

ReplyQuote
Guilherme Vilhena
(@guilherme_vilhena)

@rodrigo_miranda, I did just a small cut in the case. Not boring me at all

ReplyQuote
Rodrigo Miranda
(@rodrigo_miranda)

@guilherme_vilhena, the same as @cagalos did? Can I ask for a picture to make an idea of the hole size? I've already cuted it, but still doesn't fit well.

ReplyQuote
 of  2