Setup & Software Discussions
2014 15" Macbook Pro Retina (GT750M) [4th,4C,H] + GTX 1050 [email protected] (AKiTiO...

2014 15" Macbook Pro Retina (GT750M) [4th,4C,H] + GTX 1050 [email protected] (AKiTiO Thunder2) + macOS 10.13.2 & Win10 [Fuze911]  

of  2
  RSS

Fuze911
(@fuze911)
Trusted Member

Posted by: Eightarmedpet

This is one of the best implementations posts I've seen! Great to see so many nice set up pics... ~I have my hopes pinned on Nvidia's next gen cards being a bit more powerful and power efficient so the 1050ti replacement will drive 1440 at decent frames so I can just chuck a 1150ti or whatever it's called in a Node lite with no custom cabling...

Thank you sir. Glad you found it useful.

Current Build:
15" MacBook Pro (mid 2014) + MSI AERO GTX1060 6GB+ Akitio Thunder2 (Case Mod) + Dell DA-2 + EFI Hybrid v1.0.3. + OSX 10.13.6 + Win 10

☞ Build Thread
☞ 3D Printed High Air Flow front cover for Akitio Thunder 2/3 Enclosure

ReplyQuote
(@noah_leon)

This is a really fantastic build, thank you for the detailed guide.

I have the exact same setup, except I'm running a Dell 4k monitor over HDMI. 

Lately I've been experiencing random shutdowns (kernel panics) where the screens go black and the machine reboots. Could it be NVIDIA's latest drivers? The power supply seems adequate at 110w and I don't know what else it could be.

Macbook Pro 15" 2013 with NVIDIA 750m and Akito Thunder2 and EVGA 750ti and 1050ti (currently non-operational), Mojave 10.14

ReplyQuote
Fuze911
(@fuze911)
Trusted Member

Posted by: Noah Leon

This is a really fantastic build, thank you for the detailed guide.

I have the exact same setup, except I'm running a Dell 4k monitor over HDMI. 

Lately I've been experiencing random shutdowns (kernel panics) where the screens go black and the machine reboots. Could it be NVIDIA's latest drivers? The power supply seems adequate at 110w and I don't know what else it could be.

This looks like it is from a few months ago. Sorry for the delay @NoahLeon. I too had issues like that. In my case, it was a bad pin on the power plug to the graphics card. Pinching that pin, fixed the issue. Then I had the same issue again but the second time was actually the power adapter plug desoldering from the board of the akitio. Some fresh solder, fixed the issue.

Current Build:
15" MacBook Pro (mid 2014) + MSI AERO GTX1060 6GB+ Akitio Thunder2 (Case Mod) + Dell DA-2 + EFI Hybrid v1.0.3. + OSX 10.13.6 + Win 10

☞ Build Thread
☞ 3D Printed High Air Flow front cover for Akitio Thunder 2/3 Enclosure

ReplyQuote
 of  2