2017 14" Razer Blade i7-7700HQ UHD + [email protected] (Razer Core X Modified with 600w SFF PSU and Kracken G12) [votehart407]  

RSS

votehart407
(@votehart407)
Eminent Member
November 7, 2018 2:17 pm  

Hi Everyone,

I cannot get enough of the EGPU setup. I keep coming back for more. After picking up a RB 14 UHD from Ebay on the cheap I decided to take another look at the Razer Core. Specifically the X. As expected the setup was plug and play after loading drivers. My GPU runs very hot so watercooling is the best fix. The Core X allowed for this with some quick and easy mods.

eGPU hardware: Razer Core X - replaced PSU with new Corsair SFF 600w PSU and the 120mm with a NZXT Kracken G12 and Corsair H55 AIO.

Hardware pictures:

Benchmarks: As expected, running similar numbers as 1080ti and other Titan X Pascal cards on TB3. Temps are excellent with the GPU never going above 50 degrees with undervolt applied. CPU never going above 70 with turbo enable, undervolt applied and liquid metal repaste.

Comments: Really liking this setup. Could be quieter during gaming but very tolerable. The mods were very easy to complete. The Core X seems to be designed to mod. The AIO fan/radiator and PSU are held down with velcro and secure. If keeping long term it would be easy to add more permanent attachments. I also noted with the PSU removed there is space for a small water pump making full watercooling a possibility.

Razer Blade 14 7700hq UHD - Razer Core X Modified with Kracken G12 and SFF 600w PSU - Titan X Pascal

Joikansai and theitsage liked
ReplyQuote
Joikansai
(@joi_kansai)
Trusted Member
November 8, 2018 12:33 am  

That’s really really great gpu temperature for the card, god job! ...don’t say your game is solitaire lol :mrgreen: 
About cpu, I had also Blade 14, using egpu about 6 months after I got my core V2, I saw also huge cpu improvement on egpu setting, that may keep that Blade on mint condition when I sold it after 14 months gaming usage.

ReplyQuote
votehart407
(@votehart407)
Eminent Member
November 8, 2018 4:58 am  
Thank you!

I play AAA and shooter games. Without the undervolt temps would go to 60 in the GPU.  My GPU has always been a hot card. 

Razer Blade 14 7700hq UHD - Razer Core X Modified with Kracken G12 and SFF 600w PSU - Titan X Pascal

ReplyQuote
theitsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin
November 8, 2018 4:49 pm  

@votehart407 Thank you for sharing a fun build. How did you mount the radiator? Good placement of the Corsair SFF 600w PSU too. These mods makes the Razer Core X much quieter at load.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

82 external GPU build guides

ReplyQuote