2018 15" Razer Blade 15 (GTX1070) [8th,6C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [Plattenschieler]
Acer XB271HU WQHD 144Hz GSync
- GSync DISABLED for benchmarking
LG FulHD 24MB35
1. Buy Razer Blade 15. Buy Razer Core X, Buy Razer 2m cable.
2. Updated Win10 and TB3 driver and every other driver (like the intel ones). Then restart.
3. Put "old" 1080Ti into the Core x. Connect screens to Core X.
4. Connect cable with TB3 port.
5. Let the machine do whatever it needs to do.
6. Restart when asked by Windows
7. Reinstall Nvidia driver (version 430.39)
8. Benchmark ...
Every Benchmark is done on the external Acer monitor with GSync off !!!
First some important notes for you guys:
1. No undervolt
2. Results with 1070 activated are the same as 1070 deactivated
3. Iam not using the Razer Synapse software since its crap. However, I benchmarked FireStrike and Heaven with Synapse on and "Gaming" Mode activated.
Firestrike: 16375 Points, Heaven: 3457 Points. But I can not recommend this mode, I had to start the heaven benchmark several times and had massive stuttering in Firestrike (activating 1070 to decrease possible problems did not help).
I am going to be honest here guys, I am not really satisfied with the overall performance. The system is working pretty smoth, I have no connection problems or any other issues with this setup.
However, I think the Blade 15 is not the perfect companion for this setup.
Is my TB3 HostToDevice performance to low?
Could it be the TB3 Driver? There is a new one, but Razer is not providing it. I cant find the right one on the Intel page.
I will provide gaming Benchmarks in the near future.
(Im a German. Not native english speaking person. Thank you)