2020 13" Razer Blade Stealth (GTX1650Ti) [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2060 Super @ 32Gbps-T...

Notifications
Clear all

2020 13" Razer Blade Stealth (GTX1650Ti) [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2060 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + Win10  

RSS

mbliss11
(@mbliss11)
Eminent Member

Laptop specs

• Razer Stealth 2020
  • Intel Core i7-1065G7
  • 16GB Ram
  • Intel Iris Plus and 1650ti maxQ
  • 1 X TB3 (32 GBps, a.k.a. 4 lanes) + 1 USB-C 3.1 + 2 USB A
    • One is connected to eGPU (Akitio Node)
    • One is connected to power adapter
  • LG 29 inch 2560x1080P Monitor and laptop display
  • 512 GB NVME SSD
  • Windows 10 Home

eGPU hardware:

Installation steps:

Plug and play install initially.  Ran DDU in safemode and then installed driver package after reboot.  Had to do some tweaking to get it stable adjusted Power Management settings in Nvidia Control Panel to "Prefer Maximum Performance" as it would crash on low demanding games and the screensaver of all things.  Also disabled the integrated GPU 1650ti.  Runs a little warm on idle (around 55) which causes the fans to kick on and they click when they do (known quirk with these cards).  Booted up Afterburner and have a fan curve on there that solves both issues.  Doesn't run hotter than low 70's now and stays around 40ish on idle with fan curve. 

Benchmarks:

3dMark
Superposition
Aidi64
Cuda
CUDA Performance

This topic was modified 1 year ago
2020 13" Razer Blade Stealth (GTX1650Ti) [10th,4C,G] + RTX 3060 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + Win10 [build link]  

mr.ribeiro, itsage, Ningauble77 and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
Danyal Noorani
(@danyal_noorani)

@mbliss11, Hey saw ur razer blade stealth 13 2020 build with an RTX 2060 I am looking to make a similar setup but I just wanna know if there is any stuttering in games due to CPU Bottleneck

correct me if I am wrong but according to my research the razer blade has 15w TDP with the GTX 1650 ti enabled but goes to 25w if it is disabled 

This post was modified 4 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mbliss11
(@mbliss11)
Eminent Member

@danyal_noorani, Hey Danyal!  When I had the 2060 I did not notice any stuttering.  I did not have it for long I ended up scoring a 3060ti for the same price and returned the 2060.  Besides the quirks that I noted above in my post (assigning power management and adjusting fan curve) I had a great experience with the 2060. 

The razer stealth should run at 25 when you set gaming mode in Synapse under the power setting in there.  Honestly I ended up just putting it back to balanced as the laptop fans acoustically just got irritating when doing lighter gaming as it would rev up to full blast when it really didn't need to. 

I don't think you would go wrong with that setup.  Now that newer hardware is out see about getting the 11th gen Stealth and possibly holding out for a 3060 if you can since GPU prices are starting to return back to not crazy levels.  Of course if you get good deals on 10th gen Stealth (I did was able to get it new for close to 500 off of MSRP got it around the time they released the new 11th gen and they were trying to liquidate inventory).

Let me know if you have any other questions!

2020 13" Razer Blade Stealth (GTX1650Ti) [10th,4C,G] + RTX 3060 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Danyal Noorani
(@danyal_noorani)

@mbliss11, thanks for ur reply I don’t have a huge budget so I settled for a 1660 and I currently have a zenbook 14 11th i7 but I at times have stuttering issues due to CPU bottleneck as this on this device it goes only 18w

any advice about going to 10th gen razer one or is this one better 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mbliss11
(@mbliss11)
Eminent Member

What types of games are you playing?  You really only get CPU bottlenecks when you are playing high frame rate games.  Are you playing on an external monitor or back through the laptop display?  You'll get better performance if you play on an external monitor.  What type of EGPU do you have?  Stuttering in all games or just some? 

ReplyQuote
Danyal Noorani
(@danyal_noorani)

@mbliss11, I am using and external monitor through DP with a 1660 and a Akitio node titan

the stuttering is an huge issue while playing games like fortnite and apex and games like those where if I change the game mode for example in fortnite  from creative to solos or something the stuttering happens and I have to change the setting again and again to find the perfect setting that gives decent FPS and no stutter and vice versa to again this happens in basically all games 

if I try to put the settings up on the FPS drops but if I put them down it stutters and it’s not like every time it’s the same setting that have good FPS and no stuttering it keeps on changing and idk why 

and most games have like 5 setting with 4 options in one so that’s like at least 100 different configurations 

ReplyQuote
mbliss11
(@mbliss11)
Eminent Member

Not sure what could be the cause there are a lot of variables.  Does the node need a firmware upgrade?  Are you using a good quality thunderbolt cable?  Is it an excessively long cable?  Drivers are up to date on the 1660?  Do you have afterburner where you can look at the performance metrics while you are in game?  I would compare your game results to some others on here and see if you stack up.  All I can say is that I did not experience any significant stuttering or anything like that on my setup.  Originally i had a 1060 in my system before I upgraded to the 2060 and I just was not happy with the performance.  Going to a 2060 was night and day and then when I made the jump to the 3060ti it was gravy. 

Best of luck to you!

ReplyQuote