2018 15" Clevo P750TM1-G (GTX1060) [8th,6C,K] + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Cor...

Notifications
Clear all

2018 15" Clevo P750TM1-G (GTX1060) [8th,6C,K] + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [Carmonben]  

of  2
  RSS

Andrea Munegato
(@andrea_munegato)

Hi, I was searching for something like this, I'm interested in buying a Core X and add a rtx2070 in it, BUT i need my laptop internal gtx1060 to keep working since i'm doing 3d rendering and i wanto to assign render tasks to different gpu's. I have a alienware 13r3 with 6700hq and I'm asking this since i had to return the Alienware graphic amplifier because it disabled the internal discrete gpu when connected.

Thank you very much!

Andrea

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Carmonben
(@carmonben)
Eminent Member

It was my understanding that Dell blocked thunderbolt egpus on their aga enabled laptops, so check build guides with your laptop to see if thunderbolt does work.

2019 Intel Z390 (RTX2080Ti) [9th,8C,K] + GTX 780 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 // GC-Titan Ridge, [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Andrea Munegato
(@andrea_munegato)

I checked all over the internet but still can't find the answer.
On LinusTechTips youtube channel they manage to connect the razer core to the Alienware 13R3 and have it working but they don't say if the internal gpu is disabled or not. What can I do?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Carmonben
(@carmonben)
Eminent Member

https://egpu.io/forums/laptop-computing/external-gpu-is-it-worth-it/

theres one build on this site...

ask in that thread, its possible itsage might still have his and can check for you.

the other thing is most of the non gsync enabled laptops dont have the display connected to a gpu, so you could probably activate the gpu by plugging a display into the minidisplayport or hdmi.

worst case scenario, you can return it...

2019 Intel Z390 (RTX2080Ti) [9th,8C,K] + GTX 780 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 // GC-Titan Ridge, [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Carmonben
(@carmonben)
Eminent Member

I have acquired a 2080ti, and here are it's time spy results: https://www.3dmark.com/spy/5380685
In Firestrike, my score quite awful tho (compared to other 2080tis) : https://www.3dmark.com/fs/17475843

ReplyQuote
timbabsgo
(@timbabsgo)

How is the performance like in games?

Do you get any micro stuttering?

And how are GPU Usage numbers?

I was thinking of a similar config with my P750TM1 with a GTX 1070

This post was modified 2 years ago

ReplyQuote
Carmonben
(@carmonben)
Eminent Member

for a 1070 you might as well find a replacement internal gpu, cause external performance is hindered more than internal performance, and an egpu dock + 1070 is similar price to the internal 1070. ( the reason i used a 1070 for a short period of time was because i already had it) https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=mxm+1070+p751&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=mxm+1070+p750
also the mobile 1070 is technically better than the desktop variant (it has more cuda cores)

gpu usage on 2080ti maxes at 95, so not amazing, with benchmark performance being 25% behind similar desktop configs, in game performance is also decently behind but on 1080p there arent any games i cant max out and still get solid 90+

I cant see any stutter in any of the games ive played, and i play counterstrike at really high framerates so id probably notice it.

ReplyQuote
 of  2