2018 AMD Ryzen 5 2400G [R2K,4C,G] + GTX 1080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + W...

Notifications
Clear all

2018 AMD Ryzen 5 2400G [R2K,4C,G] + GTX 1080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 1803 [itsage]  

of  8
  RSS

Edin Gacic
(@edin_gacic)

@joevt, do you know if new CG-MAPPLE RIDGE card would work - I see it has different heather cables 5 and 3 pin - how would the shorting of the pins work on this new card ?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Noble Member

@edin_gacic, I don't have enough info on the Maple Ridge cards. The ASUS ThunderboltEX 4 that I have doesn't require force power to do USB at least. That's about as far as I've tested with that card. Certainly there's no automatic PCIe tunnelling. I eventually will attempt to get PCIe tunnelling for my GC-ALPINE RIDGE and GC-TITAN RIDGE and ASUS ThunderboltEX 4 in EFI for my MacPro3,1. Then see if I can do the same for my Macmini8,1.

Mac mini (2018), Mac Pro (Early 2008), GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Radeon Pro W5700, Sonnet Echo Express III-D, Trebleet Thunderbolt 3 to NVMe M.2 case

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
Edin Gacic
(@edin_gacic)

@joevt, thanks for the info - i am planning on using it with my Epyc milan built on AsRock ROMED8-2T board that in some production lines has the place for the TB3 heather but on my board and most boards is not soldered in and there are no options in the BIOS for it - probably custom orders of this board get custom bios and soldered in TB heather.   

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
 of  8