2020 15" Dell XPS 15 9500 (GTX1650Ti) [10th,6C,H] + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer...

Notifications
Clear all

2020 15" Dell XPS 15 9500 (GTX1650Ti) [10th,6C,H] + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 2004  

of  2
  RSS

Eugene
(@eugene_1)

thanks, will test external display then! 😉 however, since ecternal display should do better, internal display can't perform that bad just because it is internal 🙂 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Eugene
(@eugene_1)

So. I tried running eGPU with external display and results are totally the same as with the internal display.

3DMark:

https://imguh.com/image/h9Cae

6500 points against 7500 average

Heaven:

https://imguh.com/image/h9ald

2000 points against 3500 average

Which means that my eGPU setup is 30% behind in terms of performance 🙁

Please help me figure out why!

P.S. maybe something is wrong with my Thunderbolt3 software or drivers, but I'm not sure how to set the up properly. I did reinstall them though.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Zoltan Uszta
(@zoltan_uszta)

@eugene_1, Are you sure your heaven score was 3500? The topic opener posted a benchmark score 1760 on a GTX 1070, my GTX 1070 in my desktop delivers 1887 points - the 1080 should be 20-25% faster, so 2000 sounds reasonable...

This post was modified 2 months ago

ReplyQuote
Eugene
(@eugene_1)

@zoltan_uszta, judging by this thread on Reddit, it should be around 3000. But maybe I am missing something?

ReplyQuote
Eugene
(@eugene_1)

Still trying to figure stuff out. I have just launched Witcher 3 on Ultra and I'm getting like 40-50 FPS (instead of 100+).

Interesting thing is that Windows shows me 99% of GPU usage:

https://ibb.co/qjwCmy9

But, judging by the FPS, it should be around 50%, right?

Any ideas, why? Maybe something is draining GPU?

ReplyQuote
bmd0
 bmd0
(@bmd0)

Posted by: @mini-i5

If you previously were using a Thunderbolt docking station with your laptop, you’ll need to adjust your BIOS to work properly with your eGPU.

Do you know what chage needs to be made? I am chasing down problems running a XPS 7590 with a Core X and 5700 XT, which is currently proving to be completely unusable. 

ReplyQuote
M L
 M L
(@m_l)

Posted by: @gjdass

Do you always plug AC adapter in addition to the TB3 cable or do you plug only the TB3 cable (since it delivers 100W) ?

Was this answered? I have a 9500 with the core chroma egpu and everything works but the core chroma does not charge the laptop at all. I would love to know if there is a workaround. the bios do not recognize the 100w. I frustratingly have to plug in both the dell 130W charger and the egpu.

ReplyQuote
Zoltan Uszta
(@zoltan_uszta)

Posted by: @m_l
Posted by: @gjdass

Do you always plug AC adapter in addition to the TB3 cable or do you plug only the TB3 cable (since it delivers 100W) ?

Was this answered? I have a 9500 with the core chroma egpu and everything works but the core chroma does not charge the laptop at all. I would love to know if there is a workaround. the bios do not recognize the 100w. I frustratingly have to plug in both the dell 130W charger and the egpu.

But it is recognised as a 65W charger, isn't it? Unfortunately it is "normal" for dell, I have several non-dell usb-c chargers/docking stations and all are recognized as 65 W chargers only

ReplyQuote
gjdass
(@gjdass)

Posted by: @m_l

Nope. I did not perform any workaround, the PC did see the core 100W no pb with that (and it was slowly charging). The issue was in that situation (so, just Razer Core plugged), the video card and USB peripherals were going crazy (up/down/up/down/up/down until it freezes).

Posted by: @zoltan_uszta

But it is recognised as a 65W charger, isn't it? Unfortunately it is "normal" for dell, I have several non-dell usb-c chargers/docking stations and all are recognized as 65 W chargers only

No, 100W.

I ended up returning both the Core X Chroma. It does not work properly, even after calls to Dell and Razer. Everybody tells it's not their fault.

Truth is : Windows is not handling well 2 GPU (internal and external) at the same time, first of all. Then, Core from Razer is not handling well both power delivery and external peripherals. Third : Dell XPS thunderbolt ports / motherboard drivers seem shitty (I never got Thunderbolt software properly working, it was blinking everywhere etc).

I tried everything. Reinstall twice OEM windows (without Dell's crap). I tried managing Nvidia drivers properly, uninstall the internal card to just have one. Everything failed at some point, the Razer Core was still going crazy, blinking as hell (on/off/on/off). I tried with 2 Razer Core X.

I'm done with that 🙂 Hope you guys will find out what's going on. It seems we don't all have the same problems.

This post was modified 1 month ago

ReplyQuote
 of  2