Notifications
Clear all

Aorus RTX 2070 gpu on desktop motherboard  

RSS

Keith Nicholas
(@keith_nicholas)

So I've had the gaming box for about 2 years. I recently built a desktop PC and wanted to use this GPU as GPU price are still crazy but the fan were too big that it hits my motherboard.

I am looking to buy a fan replacement but I am totally lost as there's no guide that I could find online especially on buying the GPU shroud/heatsink replacement. Seems that you have to do some DIY which I am trying to avoid.

Any idea on what I should do ?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@keith_nicholas, Get a vertical GPU mounting kit.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Keith Nicholas
(@keith_nicholas)

@itsage, So my case is NZXT H510i (with built in vertical gpu mount). I tried mounting gpu vertically which worked but the temp would get unbearably high. 

One thing I could do is to open the glass but that would be too noisy for people living in the house. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
timginter
(@timginter)
Eminent Member

Do you have any photos? If you have good airflow in the case the temps shouldn't get too high, maybe something is blocking/trapping the air?

Clevo N141ZU + Win10 + M.2 ADT R3G + Zotac RTX 2070 8GB Mini
Clevo N141ZU + Win10 + M.2 ADT R3G + Asus GTX 1060 6GB STRIX OC
Lenovo x230 + Win8.1 + EC PE4C V3.0 + Asus GTX 1060 6GB STRIX OC
Lenovo x230 + Win8.1 + EC PE4C V3.0 + Asus GTX 950 2GB STRIX OC
https://egpu.io/forums/psu-cables/dell-da-2-to-any-output-adapter

2018 14" Clevo N141ZU [8th,4C,U] + GTX 1060 @ 32Gbps-M.2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 // 5cm NVME extender used to create pluggable NVME port [build link]  

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

I agree with @timginter that airflow may be a bigger issue if your GPU is overheating when mounted vertically. I have an older version of that case, H500i and I run an R9 Nano without issues. I've used this case with more powerful cards too and overheating wasn't a concern.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

timginter liked
ReplyQuote