[Pre-Order] AORUS R...

Share:

[Pre-Order] AORUS RTX 2070 Gaming Box $649.99 + Pre-order Goodies + Free Shipping  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
jtocci2
(@jtocci2)

Hey Brian, I sent you all my info. Looking forward to using the newest version with a Dell 5530!

John

XPS 15 9550 and 9570 with AGB 1080.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 15, 2019 1:29 pm
(@ehab_heikal)

When will this be available on amazon?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 16, 2019 8:02 pm
theitsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

@ehab_heikal The RTX 2070 Gaming Box is available on Amazon as of last night.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

94 external GPU build guides

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 16, 2019 8:22 pm
Padraig
(@padraig)

Does this count for the Battlefield V or Anthem redemption codes?

This post was modified 3 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 16, 2019 9:32 pm
(@ehab_heikal)

What is the relative performance of this versus 980 ti?

If you are with gigabyte can you manage to make the listing for the gaming box on amazon be enabled for amazon global like the older ones. The older ones where available through global so I could buy them in my country.

gaming
gaming2

attached are parts of amazon screenshot showing the enablement of international shipping of the old gamebox

This post was modified 3 months ago

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2019 1:23 pm
madweazl
(@madweazl)
Eminent Member

Well dang, I jumped in too late. Just ordered an XPS 13 and started looking for an eGPU solution yesterday 🙁 Hopefully the Amazon ETA of 24 Feb doesnt get pushed back.

XPS 13 (9380)/AORUS Gaming Box 2070

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 19, 2019 2:20 pm
jtocci2
(@jtocci2)

Has anyone got notification that their preorder has shipped? I am having a hard time reaching Brian via email....

XPS 15 9550 and 9570 with AGB 1080.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 20, 2019 2:45 pm
Got the Shakes
(@got-the-shakes)
Posted by: jtocci2

Has anyone got notification that their preorder has shipped? I am having a hard time reaching Brian via email....

I actually received my preorder exactly a week ago today, 02/13/19. Brian did a great job of updating me through the whole process via email. Could be that I was one of the first ones he was dealing with and maybe he has a lot of orders at this point that he’s trying to process.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 20, 2019 2:49 pm
theitsage liked
blerghcity
(@blerghcity)
Eminent Member

I received my gaming box yesterday from the pre-order. I believe I was in batch #2. I made a separate post yesterday but I've been having issues with it. I thought it may just be my ignorance causing the issues (constantly losing power or crashing) because it's my first eGPU, but after digging around a bit more my symptoms matched up pretty perfectly with an issue called power cycling that seems to be very common with the Gaming Box, especially ones with higher power draw.

I'm going to research some more, but I suspect a PSU upgrade mod may be in order for the 2070, similar to what this user did to their gaming box with a Vega card. The 2070 draws even more power than the 1080 and perhaps close to Vega cards, and since my symptoms are matching up with what is mentioned in the above posts, I think a PSU upgrade could help. I'll be interested to see if others see the same problems.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 20, 2019 3:12 pm
ericwright9
(@ericwright9)
Hey, new to this board. Has the preorder period ended?

Thanks and sorry if I missed this info somewhere.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 20, 2019 10:58 pm
ishikawa_goemon
(@ishikawa_goemon)
Eminent Member

@ericwright9 the pre-order may still be going on. I emailed Brian at his posted email address [[email protected]]. Brian posted it in this thread for people who were interested in joining the group-buy. I received order forms from him afterwards and he helped me through the purchase. Super fast shipping and really responsive customer service. Definitely drop them a line if you are interested.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 20, 2019 11:20 pm
ericwright9
(@ericwright9)
Posted by: ishikawa_goemon

@ericwright9 the pre-order may still be going on. I emailed Brian at his posted email address [[email protected]]. Brian posted it in this thread for people who were interested in joining the group-buy. I received order forms from him afterwards and he helped me through the purchase. Super fast shipping and really responsive customer service. Definitely drop them a line if you are interested.

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 21, 2019 12:03 am
demian_vi
(@demian_vi)
Posted by: ericwright9
Posted by: ishikawa_goemon

Thank you!

the preorder has finished a few days now, Brian informed me about this via email when I asked.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 21, 2019 12:07 am
Cubicbill1
(@cubicbill1)

I sent an email to Brian last week but didn't get a response. I'm interested in getting the product and I'm in Canada. How do I go about this?

Laptop: Razer Blade Stealth - i5 Kaby Lake

eGPU : Looking for Aorus bundle either RTX 2070 or affordable GTX 1070

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2019 8:50 pm
ishikawa_goemon
(@ishikawa_goemon)
Eminent Member

@cubicbill1, checking the unboxing thread for the RTX 2070, other users have reported that the pre-sale from Gigabyte is over (via response from Brian over at GigabyteUSA).

As for Canada, have you checked Amazon? I see that this is now available for order on Amazon so maybe Amazon.ca also has it?

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2019 11:54 pm
(@darren_f)

just sent you an email Brian, but i am in the uk  m*@i**dar**n.com

really hoping you will start shipping to UK, i have a 2018 hp spectre with 8gb ram and 8550u i7

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 26, 2019 11:09 pm
blerghcity
(@blerghcity)
Eminent Member

I will likely be putting my 2070 Gaming Box and pre order goody on the FS forum soon, as it does not get along with my 2018 Matebook X Pro. Anyone in the US interested keep an eye out; alternatively can msg me directly!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 27, 2019 12:22 am
ritastine
(@ritastine)

I was supposed to check out the product but then it has a poor review, I end up buying dog shoes instead. Can someone tell me as to whether it is a good deal or not? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 12, 2019 6:14 am
karatekid430
(@karatekid430)
Estimable Member
Posted by: gbt_brian

EDIT: Hey all, I think this will be easier. If you are interested in pre-ordering, please feel free to email me at [email protected] Thanks and hope you guys are just as excited as I am for this eGPU!

The wait is over! The very first RTX eGPU is ready to release! The AORUS RTX 2070 Gaming Box will be launching and be available on February 15th, 2019.

But for the community we will be doing special pre-orders starting today!

Also another option we have is that I can also text the eGPU before I send it out, PM me if you would like this option and I'll test it and run benchmarks before sending out.

All Boxes will ship out on February 13th, 2019! Some may ship earlier if processed earlier as well.

AORUS RTX 2070 Gaming Box MSRP $649.99

For you guys, we'll doing a limited run of preorders - which gets you:
- Free shipping
- Guaranteed availability
- Early access
- Surprise Gifts included 
- And of course the AORUS RTX 2070 Gaming Box
(+ Tax for CA buyers)

If you want to or are interested in preordering, shoot me a PM and I'll send over some forms to fill out and get you your gaming box.
***USA and Canada only - sorry guys! I will try and push for other regions to be supported.

Thank you for being such an amazing supporting community and all the work you guys do to further the eGPU community.

1. Still using flawed DSL6540 controller - I checked offset 19472 in the firmware update bin (hexdump -s 19472 -n 4 firmware.bin)

2. Despite me telling your people, you are still not acknowledging the problem where using 2015 controller to a 2016 or 2018 controller with a passive cable (like the one included) the bandwidth is dropped to about 1800MB/s instead of the intended 2750MB/s. Host with 2015 controller will not be affected as 2015->2015 controller with passive cable does not suffer. You know about this because I told you, and yet you have not acknowledged or done anything about it. Anybody who wants to test this, use CUDA-Z for Nvidia (or AMD APP SDK 3.0 BufferBandwidth.exe for RX580 Gaming Box) and check if your controller is 2015 (or 2016 / 2018). Then use an active cable and watch the bandwidth go up 50% if you are using 2016 / 2018 controller in host.

2015 = 1575 or 1577 (The Aorus Gaming Box is 1577)
2016 = 15D2 or 15D9 (15BF is also 2016 but only has PCIe x2 so will not perform properly anyway)
2018 = 15E8 or 15EB

3. Why are you still even using these controllers? They have been discontinued. If you stockpiled them, you should be using them for cheap docks or something, and use the good stuff (Titan Ridge) for high end goodies like this.

4. Still no USB-C ports at the back instead of USB-A and still no daisy chaining Thunderbolt port (it is allowed now with eGPU, see Blackmagic eGPU).

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2019 2:56 am
Joikansai liked
esatamacmodular
(@esatamacmodular)
Estimable Member
Posted by: karatekid430

EDIT: Hey all, I think this will be easier. If you are interested in pre-ordering, please feel free to email me at [email protected] Thanks and hope you guys are just as excited as I am for this eGPU!

The wait is over! The very first RTX eGPU is ready ....

Thank you for being such an amazing supporting community and all the work you guys do to further the eGPU community.

1. Still using flawed DSL6540 controller - I checked offset 19472 in the firmware update bin (hexdump -s 19472 -n 4 firmware.bin)

2. Despite me telling your people, you are still not acknowledging the problem where using 2015 controller to a 2016 or 2018 controller with a passive cable (like the one included) the bandwidth is dropped to about 1800MB/s instead of the intended 2750MB/s. Host with 2015 controller will not be affected as 2015->2015 controller with passive cable does not suffer. You know about this because I told you, and yet you have not acknowledged or done anything about it. Anybody who wants to test this, use CUDA-Z for Nvidia (or AMD APP SDK 3.0 BufferBandwidth.exe for RX580 Gaming Box) and check if your controller is 2015 (or 2016 / 2018). Then use an active cable and watch the bandwidth go up 50% if you are using 2016 / 2018 controller in host.

2016 = 15D2 or 15D9 (15BF is also 2016 but only has PCIe x2 so will not perform properly anyway)
2018 = 15E8 or 15EB

3. Why are you still even using these controllers? They have been discontinued. If you stockpiled them, you should be using them for cheap docks or something, and use the good stuff (Titan Ridge) for high end goodies like this.

4. Still no USB-C ports at the back instead of USB-A and still no daisy chaining Thunderbolt port (it is allowed now with eGPU, see Blackmagic eGPU).

interesting... I mean somebody needs to be checking these things. thankfully there is a karatekid430 here doing it for us. but i will answer one of the questions above. why old controller? because it's cheaper. The part I don't like (if it's true) is not disclosing or acknowledging this information.

iMac 2013 10.14.1, Macbook Air 2013 10.11, MBP 2016 13" 10.13.6 , HP 4530s 10.11, node lite, DA-2 PSU w/mod, PE4L 2.1b expresscard34, GTX460,1050Ti,1060,1070/Ti RX470,560,580

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2019 3:27 am
karatekid430
(@karatekid430)
Estimable Member
Posted by: esatamacmodular
Posted by: karatekid430

The wait is over! The very first RTX eGPU is ready ....

2018 = 15E8 or 15EB

interesting... I mean somebody needs to be checking these things. thankfully there is a karatekid430 here doing it for us. but i will answer one of the questions above. why old controller? because it's cheaper. The part I don't like (if it's true) is not disclosing or acknowledging this information.

Many vendors are still using old controllers, and I have seen actual new products recently (such as Samsung X5 SSD) which use the 2015 controller. As opposed to this "new product" which is actually an old product with a different GPU installed.

I do think it is to do with them having stockpiled old controllers and did not meet sales expectations - so they want to use them. I understand them wanting to use them and prevent waste. But I would prefer they give them away by turning them into cheaper products that get people to try their brand, rather than putting them in the expensive ones that enthusiasts buy. I do not think these old controllers are made anymore - they are discontinued - and hence it is not about cost, aside from it being more expensive (and wasteful) to throw them out and buy new ones. Plus, one of the differences between the 2015 controllers and the 2016 / 2018 ones is that the 2015 controllers contain lead. Citation for lead: https://www.anandtech.com/show/11692/intel-to-discontinue-first-gen-thunderbolt-3-controllers

Bonus points to anybody who can figure out the actual meaning of DSL and JHL - I am still at a complete loss. Is DSL "Does Solder Lead"? Haha

This is not specific to Gigabyte. I have tested HP Zdock Thunderbolt 3 docks and Sonnet 550 eGPU - same issue with passive cables. They all use 1577 controller. I have never owned a peripheral with single port 2015 controller (1575) to test but am willing to bet those are affected as well as the dual-port 1577. However, it could be remedied by them bundling an active cable with the product. A 1M active cable would improve customer satisfaction by increasing the length from the measly 0.5m they provide, and solve the bandwidth issue.

Gigabyte, please improve customer satisfaction and mitigate the bandwidth issue when used with a computer with newer controllers, by bundling a 1M active cable with this from now on.

This post was modified 2 months ago

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2019 4:03 am
theitsage liked
theitsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

@karatekid430 I agree fully with your assessment. It's disappointing to see no new components except the graphics card. On the other hand Gigabyte has consistently aimed to be the cost leader in this market. They have to cut corners somewhere. Relative to other PC component markets, eGPU solutions are tiny. If the vendors can't provide a sustainable solution, they'll spend their effort elsewhere.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

94 external GPU build guides

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2019 12:36 pm
karatekid430
(@karatekid430)
Estimable Member
Posted by: theitsage

@karatekid430 I agree fully with your assessment. It's disappointing to see no new components except the graphics card. On the other hand Gigabyte has consistently aimed to be the cost leader in this market. They have to cut corners somewhere. Relative to other PC component markets, eGPU solutions are tiny. If the vendors can't provide a sustainable solution, they'll spend their effort elsewhere.

- Rapidly expanding market, also USB4 standard will support external graphics.
- On the 1070 box, the price of the enclosure was hundreds more than their GPU separately. Aside from R&D, the enclosure itself is cheap as hell to make.
- PSU does not even carry RCM certification of its own and would have only been certified as part of the unit as a whole.
- Thunderbolt chip is only like $8 or around abouts.
- The PCB basically has to provide a stock standard 75W to slot (can borrow IP from their motherboards for that) and 100W PD which can be borrowed from / shared with Gigabyte GA-Z170X DESIGNARE motherboard.
- My point is that chucking in a Titan Ridge Thunderbolt controller and a daisy chaining port should be no hard feat and would really set them apart and gain them market share. The only other eGPU with that is the Blackmagic eGPU and that does not have removable card.
- One solution is to do what Sonnet does and make the Thunderbolt board in PCIe slot form so that it can be upgraded. It does make the solution wider, though.

Still, even if the market is too small for them to justify meaninful changes, they should at least provide the active cable to fix the bandwidth issue between 2015 controllers and 2016 / 2018. Because presuming the link is the issue, then Thunderbolt will only be operating at 14Gb/s (measured 1800MB/s), a long way from the advertised 40Gb/s. It could be that the link is actually running at 40Gb/s but some misconfiguration occurs, causing the PCIe to be throttled. Who knows? Either way, without any disclaimer by Intel, it does not work as advertised with the cable they supply.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2019 12:53 pm
madweazl
(@madweazl)
Eminent Member

Active cables werent something I was aware of. I have the 15D2 controller (best I can remember) with the stock cable; are there really gains to be made here by swapping the cable?

1551914760 Capture

XPS 13 (9380)/AORUS Gaming Box 2070

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2019 4:02 pm
Page 2 / 2