[US] US$999 HP Spectre x360 13" i7-8550U 16GB RAM 512GB SSD - $999 **Best Buy Bl...

Notifications
Clear all

[US] US$999 HP Spectre x360 13" i7-8550U 16GB RAM 512GB SSD - $999 **Best Buy Black Friday **  

of  2
  RSS

itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

This deal is available during Black Friday sales from November 23rd to 25th in the US. Given the specs and sale price, it's the best bang for the buck. There are also reports from forum members it has x4 PCIe and GT4 OPI. Combined with a quad-core i7-8550U, it's an excellent host for eGPU use.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/black-friday/sale-ad/?category=computers+amp+tablets3

Pro Tip: Holiday season exchange/return policy is in effect. Therefore, you don't have to wait until Black Friday and fight the madness to score this deal. You can buy it now, wait for the dust to settle on Sunday morning (Nov 25th) to do a price match. Either on the phone or in store works.

hp spectre x360 2 in 1 13 in i7 8550u 16gb ram 512gb ssd 999

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2013 Mac Pro (FP D500 x2) [3rd,12C,E] + RX 5700 XT @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + macOS 11 [build link]  

D G and Yukikaze liked
ReplyQuote
dslater
(@dslater)
Eminent Member

Make sure you end up with the correct one.. the difference between that model and the previous gen which has a dual core CPU is a single letter in the model number. 

Model 13-ae013dx  (8th-gen quad-core, you want)

Model 13-ac013dx  (7th-gen dual-core, you do not want)

When I got mine a week ago they had pulled the incorrect version. The lettering is easy enough to mistake if one is in a hurry.

-D

2017 13" HP Spectre X360 [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 56 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + Win10 [build link]  

D G, 4chip4, nando4 and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
celerrime
(@celerrime)

This is awesome.

How do you know BestBuy will price match? Their price matching policy suggests otherwise. Otherwise, I'd buy today.

Our Price Match Guarantee does not cover:

items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving, whether offered by Best Buy or a competitor.

source

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

D G liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

If you have MyBestBuy Elite/Elite Plus membership, this Black Friday deal is now live. My guess is it's going to be available for all tomorrow or Wednesday.

2013 Mac Pro (FP D500 x2) [3rd,12C,E] + RX 5700 XT @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + macOS 11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
D G
 D G
(@d_g)
Trusted Member

I have BestBuy Elite and I don't see the deal live.

You can not price match or return and repurchase for Nov 23-25.

14" Lenovo Yoga 920+ (a video card)@32Gbps-TB3 (HP Omen Accelerator) + Win10+ThrottleStop+Nekteck TB3 Cable 100W 6ft

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

The early access was on Monday for Elite/Elite Plus. YMMV on price match and return/rebuy during Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I've done it before. It seems you may be able to order this HP Spectre x360 13" i7-8550U online on Black Friday.

ReplyQuote
D G
 D G
(@d_g)
Trusted Member

I see.  Didn't know early access existed or switched items for different days because it wasn't available after Monday as you had guessed.  Good to know though for the future.

Someone should not expect to be able to pricematch or return/rebuy as that is not the policy.  If you got lucky and were able to finagle that then consider yourself lucky, but I wouldn't suggest it.  Checked locally and the customer service section is totally closed until Sunday.  Hopefully you will be able to order online as you said though.

14" Lenovo Yoga 920+ (a video card)@32Gbps-TB3 (HP Omen Accelerator) + Win10+ThrottleStop+Nekteck TB3 Cable 100W 6ft

ReplyQuote
Yukikaze
(@yukikaze)
Prominent Member Moderator

You can order the machine online right now! HP.com also has sales going. While the discount is not as large, you can get the x360 in Ash Silver or Rose Gold from there, if that floats your boat.

Want to output [email protected] out of an old system on the cheap? Read here.
Give your Node Pro a second Thunderbolt3 controller for reliable peripherals by re-using a TB3 dock (~50$).

"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."- Robert A. Heinlein, "Time Enough for Love."

2012 14" Lenovo Thinkpad T430s [3rd,2C,M] + RX 550 @ 10Gbps-TB1 (Atto Thunderlink) + Win10 [build link]  

D G liked
ReplyQuote
D G
 D G
(@d_g)
Trusted Member

And it is sold out online, but hopefully stores locally are required to have a few on hand as it is a doorbuster.  I have my doubts though...  Will update if I try the Thanksgiving crowd at Best Buy here.

ReplyQuote
D G
 D G
(@d_g)
Trusted Member

They did have some in store yesterday and they are available for sale online again, but likely out of stock at any store.

ReplyQuote
 of  2