[global] Aliexpress: US$200 Razer Core V2 board -> add ATX PSU, TB3 cable for 65...

Notifications
Clear all

[global] Aliexpress: US$200 Razer Core V2 board -> add ATX PSU, TB3 cable for 65W PD TB3 eGPU with extra PCIe slot  

of  7
  RSS

Keauval
(@keauval)

@lefuturdelavenir

Really for the cable? Wow... :oops:would be really nice (I think we live in the same country :D)

I need ethernet and usbs, but if it's too shitty, I'll use my 2nd TB3 port to go to a usb C hub.

So bad for the Dell DA2, I'll try to find a little external ATX PSU.

(EDIT : This one could be fine if I don't use 60W charge)

If everything work well, I hope to find time to build an acrylic box, but it's another story Grin

Thank you so much for your help, Aliexpress delivery time is ... 1 month  😯 

This post was modified 2 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
lefuturdelavenir
(@lefuturdelavenir)
Trusted Member

No problem for the cable. I don't use it anymore. Maybe we will wait for the "déconfinement" for the shipping 😀 

It's the ethernet that is bad in the original daughter board. USB ports are fine 😉

The PSU you mentioned is probably noisy AF. You are looking for something compact? You'll also need a PSU that have a CPU 12v output (the 2x4 pins) if you want to use the cable I've mentioned. That PSU doesn't seems to have it. I suggest a standard ATX form factor. I've found mine second handed for very cheap.

About acrylic, I had good experience with sculpteo.com if it's of some interest to you.

MacBook Pro 2017 no-touchbar; Razer Core V2; RX 570

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@nando4, Thank you for this excellent find! It would make a great full-featured TB3 enclosure. The only difference with the Core V2 mainboard is the PCIe slot lock release handle. I wonder if Razer unloaded these boards due to the Core X/Chroma being more affordable and can accommodate more cards/hosts.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member Moderator

@lefuturdelavenir, just noticed your offer of that cable from ageeees ago! I htink i'd already got rid of my core by then and forgot to reply, sorry about that and thanks for the offer!

Just bought one of these boards and will see if I ahve the time and skills to build my own custom enclosure... there is some interesting stuff on that site! [link]

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

2017 13" MacBook Pro [7th,2C,U] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
lefuturdelavenir
(@lefuturdelavenir)
Trusted Member

@eightarmedpet, I'm still amazed about what you can find on aliexpress. I should not get lost on that site with my wallet in hand LoL

@itsage, I've also notice the PCIe lock handle. Mine looks exactly like that simply because I broke the handle in a disassembly process. This thing was very weak, RIP.

ReplyQuote
Keauval
(@keauval)

Things are going fast!
I should receive it within 5-10 days!

I'll order a GTX 1060 S, and if everything works, I'm planning building a micro box with external PSU, the idea is to place the GPU over the Razer V2 Board, something pretty similar than the Zotac mini amp !

Annotation 2020 04 28 145910

I can't send PM, is that because I'm new?
@lefuturdelavenir I don't know how to contact you ^^

Cheers

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
wpwp
 wpwp
(@wpwp)
Eminent Member

Got one on the way. The price has now increased to $100 for the main board.

As the original daughter board seems quite pricey I'm looking at alternatives. I will be unlikely to need Ethernet and would buy a USB 3.0 gigabit adapter in this event.

I like the idea of adding USB types C and A along with internal (to the eGPU) storage. There is such a PCI-e board on >eBay< with the USB ports externally and internal Sata 3 connectors and M2 slot.

I'll be interested to hear of ideas anyone else has for alternative expansion boards.

This post was modified 2 months ago

X1 Tablet 3rd | i7-8550u | 16gb RAM
Omen Accelerator + RX460 (RTX2070 compatability issue)
Razer Core V2 AliExpress board arrived | Building now, to pair with RTX 2070

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
Keauval
(@keauval)

Posted by: @wpwp

Got one on the way. The price has now increased to $100 for the main board.

Uuuuf ! I'd should have buy 2 or 3 instead of one Smile

Mine should arrive before max next week Smile

ReplyQuote
lefuturdelavenir
(@lefuturdelavenir)
Trusted Member

@wpwp, can you post a link to the card you are referring to?

ReplyQuote
wpwp
 wpwp
(@wpwp)
Eminent Member

@lefuturdelavenir, I have updated my post with the link now included.

Also >here<

X1 Tablet 3rd | i7-8550u | 16gb RAM
Omen Accelerator + RX460 (RTX2070 compatability issue)
Razer Core V2 AliExpress board arrived | Building now, to pair with RTX 2070

ReplyQuote
 of  7