1947 Philips Model 100 Valve Radio converted into a custom Intel NUC Server Case...

Notifications
Clear all

1947 Philips Model 100 Valve Radio converted into a custom Intel NUC Server Case.  

RSS

Boltoway
(@boltoway)
Trusted Member

I have a NUC8I5BEH that I run a couple of dedicated Minecraft and Valheim servers off. While the NUC has an incredible little case, I wanted to make a custom case from an old valve radio. This has been an ongoing project for a while, most of which was searching for the perfect case. Finally, I came across a long dead but surprisingly well maintained bakerlite valve radio at a market. After haggling with an Irishman, I committed to it.

Gutting the internals, cleaning the case and installing a very simple base plate was almost all I needed to do. Two round headed buttons were mounted to the original volume and tuning dial holes. I also added the original tube valves that can be seen through the glass faceplate. Not an overly complicated build, but I very much enjoy the recycling and re-use of the original radio.

20210401 173125
20210401 173138
2021 14" Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 (MX450) [11th,4C,G] + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags