Any sub $199 models and/or models without included PSUs?

Notifications
Clear all

Any sub $199 models and/or models without included PSUs?  

RSS

MINDTHREAT
(@mindthreat)

The majority of the cost must be the power supply inclusion with eGPUs so I'm curious if anyone knows of either any units that do not include a PSU or that are closer in the $200 (or less) price range? Also, while I'm here, how do you daisy chain from one eGPU box to another if you only have 2 TB3 ports?

Thanks!

SpaceTimeContinuumThreadripper 2950X - ASROCK x399m Taichi - 32GB G.Skill - (1) RTX 3080 - (2) RTX 2080 Ti eGPU Razer Core X - 2TB NVMe RAID0 - GB-Titan Ridge TB3

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Check out the ADT-Link R43SG-TB3 in the Buyer Guide. Well under US$199 and doesn't include a PSU. You can add a Dell DA-2 or ATX PSU to drive it.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
(@kfinto)

obraz

ADT-Link R43SG-TB3

This is a naked module without a PSU but also without a case and any other additional ports. As you can see, the majority of the cost is the thunderbolt 3 standard itself. R43SG (~$30) without TB3 is ~$100 cheaper than R43SG-TB3 and the only difference is NVMe to TB3 adaptor. Anything to TB3 is $$.

Anyway, there is no PSU included, so with a little tinkering you can use it with any PSU. The disadvantage may be only 15W power delivery to your laptop, so you probably can't power your machine only with it (skipping the standard PSU).

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
MINDTHREAT
(@mindthreat)

Thanks kfinto and nando4 for your replies, appreciate your time and info!

SpaceTimeContinuumThreadripper 2950X - ASROCK x399m Taichi - 32GB G.Skill - (1) RTX 3080 - (2) RTX 2080 Ti eGPU Razer Core X - 2TB NVMe RAID0 - GB-Titan Ridge TB3

ReplyQuote