Asus ProArt-B550-CREATOR Thunderbolt 4

Notifications
Clear all

Asus ProArt-B550-CREATOR Thunderbolt 4  

RSS

timot.mo
(@timot-mo)

So I was "Lucky" last week that I got to purchase a 5900X at AMD. 

I'm thinking about pairing it with the new Asus ProArt Creator. It looks nice. I also like how it's clear where the TB4 lanes are coming from, sharing with the 3rd PCIE port which I don't plan on utilizing. 

If somebody sees a eGPU red flag on this, please let me know. Otherwise I'll report my results when the MB becomes available. 

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/ProArt/ProArt-B550-CREATOR/

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@timot-mo, That's a very nice motherboard and maybe the first AMD option with Thunderbolt 4. You can either go with Thunderbolt eGPU or M.2 socket with the ADT-Link R43SG.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
timot.mo
(@timot-mo)

@itsage, that m.2 solution is pretty cool! I can actually use that with my current system but I’m not sure 50mm of length is long enough.  They say the 70mm may effect bandwidth.. do you have any experience with the longer cable? 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
timot.mo
(@timot-mo)

Actually, I think 50mm is fine... think I'm going to give this a go.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@timot-mo, I have only used the 50mm version. I've seen people using an extender to protect the computer M.2 socket so it may not effect performance by much.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote