iMac 27 5K + Akitio Node 1080Ti for 3D Rendering - Troubles

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] iMac 27 5K + Akitio Node 1080Ti for 3D Rendering - Troubles  

RSS

Raduchits
(@raduchits)

Whole year all works fine for me (Cinema 4D and Octane Render) with this setup (soft and hardware), but now it’s doesn’t work

I using PurgeWrangler (6.0.2) When I starting install purge-wrangler can’t find eGPU Graphics Card. In System Preferences in CUDA I have red text with - No GPU Detected. (This card working fine on another Windows PC) But almost a year all works perfectly with this macOS, card etc. Also Thunderbolt working fine and recognize my Akitio Node but without card.
Anyone can help me? Thanks

My Specs:
-iMac 27 5K (2017) 3,8GHz i5 and Radeon Pro 580 8GB
-macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G66)
-Akitio Node with Nvidia 1080ti (EVGA)

My Setup: iMac 27 5K + Akitio Node + Nvidia EVGA 1080Ti (for Octane Render in Cinema 4D

Raduchits
(@raduchits)

UPDATE!
My thunderbolt cable was damaged, changed to another cable and all works perfectly!

My Setup: iMac 27 5K + Akitio Node + Nvidia EVGA 1080Ti (for Octane Render in Cinema 4D

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
Николай Осколков
(@nikolayvasyliev)

@raduchits, Hi, im thinking of getting razer core x and 1080 for redshift in c4d, and i was unable to find how does this egpu works with imac internal display on mac os, so, can you tell me, dou you use mac os, do you use internal imacs 5k display and how well renderer performs

Sorry fo bothering you, but as for right now - you are my only hope fro finding out and answer 😉

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Raduchits
(@raduchits)

@nikolayvasyliev, Hi, working perfectly as on PC. I use: iMac 27 with Mac OS 10.13.6 and only internal display, egpu Akitio Node with 1080ti connected via thunderbolt, for 3d video rendering by Octane or Redshift you need only cuda cores power. 

ataylor
(@ataylor)
Eminent Member

@raduchits, Question.. are you seeing any screen stuttering?  When i move my finder windows and such they ghost a bit.. and things feel sluggish.  Though GPU compute seems fine. Its almost like the internal acceleration is off.  Laptop with wacom cintiq in clamshell cintiq is hooked to the apple tb media adapter via hdmi and no screens on the egpu since im strictly using it for compute in RS / Octane. 

2018 MacBookPro 15 in. /w Touchbar - i9 - 32gig ram - 1080 Aorus 1080 Gaming Box - Sonnet-Breakaway550 with GTX 1080 - Still need to get both of the GTX 980TI working for 4 GTX total cards

ReplyQuote